• Thanks for that info - not something I was aware of but will keep in mind and be sure to ask. Right now we are pretty sure we'd like a second, but have some concerns as my dh has been transferred with his job to a location much further from home. When Jack was a little pup, my dh could get home at lunch to feed him and let him out of his crate for a bit, the 3 days I am at the office (work at home 1-2 days). With a little luck, he'll be back at his prior work location before Jan/Feb rolls around and we'll be ok. Fingers crossed but we'll deal with that hurdle when the time gets closer.

• Nice b…welcome.

• I just noticed this thread. Sorry to be so behind the times. My little girl Chloe is Jack's littermate and you are right, I have been showing her, today was our fourth show and our first outdoors one. What a mess. Lots of mud!! Aren't they the greatest little pups?

Karen

• Oh, I forgot. Chloe just happened to get winners bitch today…...

• @Kebasmom:

Oh, I forgot. Chloe just happened to get winners bitch today…...

That is super… congrats..... how many points?

• I think one, but it's her very first!

• Hey…. everyone needs the first one... so that is great.... congrats

• And what/where was the show?

• It was the Warrenton show at the Long Branch in VA.

• Belated welcome and congratulations on first point.

• Karen - so nice to hear from you! And congrats on her win!!! Very neat to find Jack's litter-sister online here. I only get on here sporadically but it's wonderful to connect like this. Is she your first B? I get the sense you have some experience here. Yes, amazing and wonderful and sometimes frustrating pups! But I can't imagine life without him now;)

• Chloe is not my first B. She's my fifth!! I got my first one, a red and white, in 1976 and then a black and white show dog out in California in 1978 and then had a long dry stretch until 2004 when I got a Tri that passed away. I currently have two show Bs. My boy that is a Tri is almost two and Chloe, who is a Trindle. I can't remember if I saw Jack at Doris' house. Did you pick him up in the morning or afternoon? I just remember that I wanted ALL of them!! 🙂 There was a couple there when I got Chloe. Maybe it was you!! Yes they are trying, which is the word I used when I went and did a BRAT thing at the shelter last week. The couple adopted the B anyway and I haven't heard anything from them or the shelter so I guess they're doing OK….

• Wow - your 5th! See I had a sense there you had some major B experience 😉 We picked up Jack early that day, think we might have been the first to arrive, and only met one other man picking up a little girl, Stella, he lived in NY city I think. I think there was another couple arriving just after we left for the other little boy in the litter, that might be who you saw. I tell you when I walked in, I was just completely in awe of all those precious pups! So tiny, I just did not picture so tiny! We are on Doris's list for a little girl if we are lucky out of a breeding this fall. Jack needs a playmate!!! Well so nice to connect with you and hope to continue to do so. Good luck with your shows!

Suggested Topics