• Hello World.
    Here are a couple of pictures of Nex ( 6 year old Auz / Shepherd mix ) and his new companion Freckles ( 5 month old Basenji / mix ). I adopted Nex when he was about Frecks' age. They have been together for 10 playful days. Both came from different local " Rescue Organizations" in the Northwest coastal area of Washington State.

[yt]fV4FgxHQdqo[/yt]

• Very handsome couple!! Love Freckles head!

And: Welcome!

• beautiful mixes! I have a B-mix too. (a "boxenji", lol)

• Hi,

The folks at the "rescue" have no history on Freckles, so I guess I can use my imagination. Nex's background is also a mystery. Most guess was Auz cattle dog & German shepherd, but based on his vocalizations I think he may be part Basenji.

I grew-up in Mattapan, attended Boston Technical High (class of 1963) and BU. πŸ˜‰

• Welcome.
    You have good looking dogs.
    I live in the PNW, am often up in Bellingham to visit my family.
    Glad you found the forum.

• Awww, Freckles looks very Basenji-ish. What a face. I would've had to rescue that guy. Except for my most recent rescue having 67% approval ratings today, that is.:rolleyes:

• @sharronhurlbut:

Welcome.
    You have good looking dogs.
    I live in the PNW, am often up in Bellingham to visit my family.
    Glad you found the forum.

Thanks Sharon. πŸ˜‰
    I think they are very special.
    Nex came from Whatcom Humane in Bellingham.
    Frecks from WA Shepherd Rescue, Everett/Arlington.

I've just "discovered" the breed.

• Well, bless your heart for taking 2 rescue dogs in.
    They are very lucky to have you.

• Welcome to the pack! Freckles looks like Nex just punched him in the eyes πŸ™‚ I love his markings. Both are cute looking dogs.

• "it looks like Nex just hit Frecs in the eye"

Good diagnosis Whiz :o

In the photo Frecs did have a slightly inflamed right eye. My vet prescribed sulphur based, antibiotic eye drops. It worked, but now Nex (his mature companion) is showing similar intermittent eye redness and pale yellow discharge. 😞

At first I thought it was some irritant in my environment that Frec's was reacting to. But he's now over "it" and Nex is showing symptoms. So I have no clue.

Can Forum contributors offer insights / advice ? πŸ˜•

• Too funny! I have an Austrailian Shepard mix named Freckles! She plays with my basenji Dallas πŸ™‚

Your boys make quite a pair!

Suggested Topics