Cali, Scarlett's feline sister

• About a month ago, Cali, the calico, that we had managed to get out of the house. She had done this before and always came back, but not this time. Scarlett and I were out on our daily walk and found Cali on the side of the road. She had been hit and the buzzards had begun to feast. I fell to the ground crying and Scarlett went over and laid down beside her. Scarlett had this look in her eyes like she was crying inside. She began to dig beside the body and i had to stop her because we were in the edge of the grass on a somewhat busy road that we live on. I took her home and went back to bury Cali alone. When I arrived home Scarlett had pulled Cali's blanket off the dresser and had curled up on it and gave me that same, "i'm crying for her and miss her" look she gave me earlier. We both sat on the couch and Scarlett would nuzzle me and lick me face every now and then as her way of comforting me. She pulled that blanket around the house for a week afterwards and finally left it in her crate and she still sleeps with that blanket. I tried to take it from her and she got mean with me. I guess she really wanted that blanket.

Cali blessed us with her presence from the 27th of April 2005 until the 16th of July 2008. She had a twin sister that left this Earth the 15th of May 2007 due to feline infectious peritinitis. They were both near and dear to us all.

We love you Cali and Shelby and miss you both…
    Love Mommy, Daddy, Scarlett, and Chloe.

Cali's picture is attached.

attachment_t_4304_0_dcfc0024-2.jpg

• OMG I' am very sorry for your loss hugs

• Oh, I am so sorry for your and your b's loss.
    Hugs, hugs, hugs.

• I'm so very sorry for your loss, Cali was beautiful. It's good that you found her, however, so both of you can have come closure. I have seen my basenjis grieve over a brother's loss, they cling to the scent like we cling to our memories. Scarlett will miss her little buddy as much as you will.

Anne in Tampa

• I am so sorry!

Pat

• So sorry to hear about your loss. She was a beautiful girl. May she RIP.

Suggested Topics