Sherwood's Breeding Plans

• @Nemo:

I've been thinking too about Bindi and Ayla. Sounds like Ayla is going to a wonderful home. Such a pretty name too.

I give two thumbs up to Steph as a home. Her girl Luna, in addition to being Nicky's big sister, is Rally's dam. Steph raised Rally's litter until they were 7 weeks old and I can't say enough good things about how wonderful Rally turned out. Speaking of which, I really ought to send Steph an update on her wonderful grandpup and her great grandpups Rio and Sophie.

Thanks for the reminder.

• Robyn,

We are glad to hear that Bindi and the Ayla are doing well. A very sweet picture.

• Ayla's eyes opened yesterday at 14 days old. I took some pics of her laying on a blanket but I couldn't get her eyes in the pics so I decided to hold her up with one hand and snap pics with the other. My oh my she was just about too big to fit into my hand LOL!

This morning, Bindi was in the living room and Ayla was in the puppy pen in the kitchen. I walked past the puppy pen and saw my cat Moxie in the puppy pen with Ayla.

Moxie grooming Ayla

Moxie grew tired of grooming the puppy and rolled around

Bindi decided it is time to feed Ayla so she entered the pen and plopped herself between Moxie and Ayla

Always hungry Ayla locates the milk bar

• It takes a village to raise a puppy!

LOL! That is too sweet. Poor cat….in a few weeks, Ayla will be like your other basenjis...playfully chasing the cat and trying to put its head in her mouth. Maybe it thinks that it can train this pup to show it some respect! Ayla is beautiful and Bindi looks like a really good mom. (Moxie looks like a good babysitter.)

Pat

• beautiful pup

• love the kitty and puppy photo.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Love the pics of the three of them together!
    Too cute!

• You are so lucky Robyn. The cat and the dog-together. Mine would just eat the cat!

She's really beautiful

• At first it looks like the cat is eating the puppy, good thing you added the comment 😃
    I would like to get a cat but my pack says only if it is to be chase and end up as diner, so I will wait.

• Singleton pups tend to be developmentally slower than litters but Ayla turned 3 weeks and still wasn't doing much of anything but sleeping and eating. I was starting to get a bit worried about her lack of interest in her surroundings. Yesterday afternoon she finally started to explore the inside of the puppy pen and a stuffed toy with a bit of interest. These pics were taken a few minutes ago of her adventures.

Ayla waking up

Looking cute but still sleepy

What's this weird thing?

Another odd thing?

Is it a sibling? Can I play with it?

Tired after her big adventure

• Awww. She is so precious. Hopefully she will get her spunk soon!

• Sooo cute! I love that hippo…where did you find it?

• Very cute!! 🙂

• @renaultf1:

Sooo cute! I love that hippo…where did you find it?

I honestly don't remember. I have had it for several years and it has entertained several litters. I think it's cute too. 🙂

• Another Awwwwwwwww from here. She is an adorable little girl. Looks like she was trying to show the hippo and the yellow toy that she is the alpha!

Pat

• Ayla stacked at 4 weeks. I stack the pup then hold her head with my left hand while I snap the pic with my right. I do this with every litter until they reach a certain age when I need a helper.

Pretty girl

Ayla was walking around the living room and I took my eyes off of her for a couple minutes. I found her under the couch playing with a very unamused Tuk.

• Tit for Cat, er Tat. Wasn't it Tuk amusing him (her) self with Ayla a week or two ago?

She is so cute Robyn, and quite the butterball too!

• She just gets cuter and cuter. It is easy to forget how little they are until you see them next to something like a cat. Yes….Tuk's expression is priceless. It is so great to see how well Ayla is thriving.

Pat

• She is such a little butterball! Absolutely adorable 🙂

• @nomrbddgs:

Wasn't it Tuk amusing him (her) self with Ayla a week or two ago?

No. Moxie is the one who likes to get into the puppy pen. This is Moxie with the "Something" litter. The two tris are Bindi and Sugar.

Tuk (The Unnamed Kitty) is this one

Orphan kitten

Orphan kitten update

Suggested Topics