• DDS-

We support you regarless of your decision. you are with your little girl, we are not. You must do what is best for you and your family. My thoughts are with you in this very difficult time.

• Debra, I'm never sure what to say in circumstances such as these. I can only wish you many more happy and pain free days together. That includes freedom from your personal heart/love pain you are experiencing on a daily basis knowing the decision you may have to make in your near future.

I don't know you, but I think of you and Sayblee on a daily basis. You've had a lot thrown at you in a short period of time. Seems like one personal loss after another in the last year or so.

Bless you and your temerity, and damn those that choose to judge when not in your shoes.

Thank you for putting yourself out there. I (we) will help by listening and sharing kind thoughts. If you need more, please post. I think that is part of the reason the admin. started this forum to begin with. Sharing–-the good, the bad & the ugly

• Sayblee's blood work last Monday was in the basement. Vet said she has surprised us before but she is very concerned.

Her white blood cell count nonexistent (0.5) so probable outcome is systemic infection. Put her on 2 strong antibiotics including Batril 136, a pretty high dosage for a 26 lb dog, trying to prevent that and give her body time to recoup. We knew this could happen so could only watch and wait.

This morning she Sayblee is spiking a temp. I have given her subq fluids but I am sure it won't help. The vet said if she gets fever, it's over. I will be taking her to the vet in the morning to put down. She has had 3 bad days, not suffering but pretty lethargic. She threw up the little she ate yesterday. I did get more syrup in her so she isn't sick from low blood sugar, but that's all I am doing. Today I will just hold her and love her. And tomorrow I have to let her go. I think we are out of miracles.

• Hugs to you…. and know that when you help her across the Rainbow Bridge, she will be out of pain and running free with all those that have gone before her.

• Well, you have done the best you could, give your dog lots of hugs before she goes. Poor thing, at least she won't be alone and will trust you to do the best for her. Be brave, it is always so difficult to part from our friends.

• I'm so sorry. Have a quiet and love filled day together. I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

• I am so very sorry. This has been a long difficult fight. No one can say you didn't give her all you could.

Enjoy the time together today, even though every moment will surely be so bittersweet.

I am sorry.

• All our love and prayers to you today as you spend your time with your baby. You gave her unconditional love and that is the most important thing. Know that we are all thinking of you at this time.

• I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through. I made the difficult decision to put Max through chemo when he was almost 16 years old. I said as long as he didn't get sick from the chemo, I would continue it. He tolerated the chemo very well–never got sick from it and went into remission, but the lymphoma came back within a month. Then his kidneys started to fail (I'm sure the chemo helped bring that on more quickly). It's hard to make these kinds of decisions, but you are doing the best that anyone can do for your loved one. My heart goes out to you.

• Sayblee's white cells came up, but the red down, began throwing up blood. The chemo vet had offered to give her free chem, but with this we knew wouldn't ever be possible. We had reached the point where this was no longer fair to my beloved companion. She was put down at 9:09 this morning.

• She is with all those that went before her, free and happy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family while the healing process begins.

• Condolences, Debra. You went above and beyond in the process of sending your baby girl home. Sending you heartfelt wishes for peace and healing.

Suggested Topics