• @Quercus:

In many parts of the US you can never assume that someone *will neuter a dog, even if they signed a contract saying that they will. So, if I was selling an adult, or older puppy I would absolutely have it neutered before placing…that way there is no possibility that it doesn't get done.

I think we agree on this point 😉

• Well, lets hope this boy gets fixed before he is rehomed.

• As I posted on the other thread; we have an appointment to get him neutered next Monday. We certainly don't want him to end up in a puppy mill situation. We just want him to go to a good home where he can live out a long and happy life. We are on a fixed income and just need to recoup what we have spent purchasing the dog and taking him to the vet. He is up to date on all shots and heartworm meds.
    Thanks, Marilyn

• If funds are an issues, you can do what I used to do before BRAT came along.
    Find out the vet of the family your placing him with, have the family pay you for your expenses and then take the dog to the new familys vet for the surgery to be fixed. Drop the dog off the day of the surgery and then new owners pu the dog.
    They get to pay the bill.
    That makes sure the dog is fixed, sets up a new vet record for the new dog in the family, and you don't have to pay anything out of pocket.
    Mostly, you know the surgery WILL BE DONE.
    Thanks for making sure he is fixed before rehoming.
    That is so important.

Suggested Topics