• Okay, so I haven't even convinced Darren that he EVER even wants another dog. And even if I did, it'd have to wait a couple of years until my dear Gypsy is gone {and she's awfully healthy for a 12 yr old retriever}, BUT
    I can't help myself. I see those puppy photos and well, off I go!

I am already trying to come up with names for my new puppy! :rolleyes:
    Shhh, don't tell Darren. 😉

ANYway, Of course, I am counting on Jumoke coming out with another great litter in a couple of years, so here's hoping Bryan doesn't retire any time soon.
    I am thinking something like Jumoke's Burgundy Storm. And we'd call her Storm. What do you think?

• I can almost imagine having another puppy now too! I think Duke would fare well with a companion equal his energy and determination. Especially before I get too old for the nonsense these young B's put you through and before I buy a new sofa! Actually, if I didn't work, I imagine it would be easier. What is his argument? It is pathetic to really really want another puppy if hubby has good reasons to not get one. I am sorry for your predicament. Pets do limit freedoms. Unless you have a good resource for pet sitters. I am fortunate to have a wonderful sister-in-law who will dog sit IF her calendar is free for us. God Bless her.:)

• Oops, Storm - I think Storm is a perfect name for a Basenji. Really!!

• silly silly. fender's name is platinum desert storm, since his daddy is storm i never considered it as a name. i like storm for a girl! as soon as sharron gets it figured out you should come to our kitsap playdate. (my "puppy" is 20 lbs, hehehe just his face looks puppy) will jazzy ever have puppies? that would be special for you to have one of hers.

• At least were not alone:)
    I've had a name picked out for almost a year. Only a few more weeks before my pup will be born!!!! Can't wait to get him home
    My boyfriend and I have decided to name our future basenji Ari. I wanted to name him Thievery but my boyfriend didin't like it:rolleyes:

@JazzysMom:

Okay, so I haven't even convinced Darren that he EVER even wants another dog. And even if I did, it'd have to wait a couple of years until my dear Gypsy is gone {and she's awfully healthy for a 12 yr old retriever}, BUT
    I can't help myself. I see those puppy photos and well, off I go!

I am already trying to come up with names for my new puppy! :rolleyes:
    Shhh, don't tell Darren. 😉

ANYway, Of course, I am counting on Jumoke coming out with another great litter in a couple of years, so here's hoping Bryan doesn't retire any time soon.
    I am thinking something like Jumoke's Burgundy Storm. And we'd call her Storm. What do you think?

• Okay, my 16 yo has a problem with my choice of Burgundy Storm for a red Basenji because they are not deep red dogs. So, we {with tongue in cheek} decided that {again, assuming I can get another Jumoke pup} Jumoke's Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire would be more appropriate. LOL:rolleyes:

• <

• My next B will be named Elliott Ness. The rest of the tribe will be known as the "Untrustables"!!

• Ha! I love it! My son will love that one too.

• Love that name Ness and the Untouchables!!!

• I don't know what we would name ours. Here again, IF we get the one we are hoping to, they are calling him Tsavo. I think we need to find something different. We have a Greyhound named Oreo and an Italian Greyhound named Neba.

• @JazzysMom:

Okay, my 16 yo has a problem with my choice of Burgundy Storm for a red Basenji because they are not deep red dogs. So, we {with tongue in cheek} LOL:rolleyes:

I guess you need to send him to myweb site to see Uncle Burner and second cousin Breaker…
    they are NO an orange-red (i.e., chestnut).. they are a much deeper and darker red... more mahogany than chestnut...
    I have a number of chestnut reds.. but most of my dogs are far darker than the average 'red' basenji....

I always loved the name of that Simba kid, Bakari's Burgundy Blitz.. just screams a nice deep dark red!

• haha….I love that...the Untrustables. I want to get another Basneji too. I am thinking of Jack. I love that name. And then Saddie. I liked the name Storm though...that was very Cute. Fits a Basenji well. Or Twister, like the storm. haha. Well good luck on the new B. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!!
    Take care
    Whitney (AkA Twiddles)

• I like the name Miles. Not sure why, but I do. Still wanting more… 🙂

• I also just LOVE the name Alphie. SOOO cute! Loves It lots

• Okay, so… Jumoke's Burgundy Storm for the little girl puppy dh won't let me have, and I've been leaning toward Jumoke's Satchmo, King of Jazz for the little boy my dh won't let me have. LOL. Thought Satchmo would go well with Jazzy {you know, Louis Armstrong?}

Either way, I'd have Jazzy and Storm, or Jazz and Satchmo. LOL In reality, I get neither, but a girl can dream. 😉

Anyway, I met both puppies that I can't have last weekend at the show.
    I took pictures of my kids with them, and dh agreed they're adorable, but he's sure they're more adorable in BRYAN'S backyard. sigh.
    One day. . . . .

• CUTE names! Too bad DH is such a stick in mud 😉

<–sitting here wishing for a puppy for you 🙂

• I think I would have to go with Boss, as my 2 B's always seem to try to become!

• People who purchased a pup from our last litter came up with a suiteble name for their dog. NIMBUS.
    Nimbus means in Dutch 2 different things.

• The circle around the head of an angel and
    • some kind of thunder cloud
      What could be more appropriate for a Basenji?
      An angel when he's asleep and a thunder cloud when awake.

Erik & Ingrid
    www.abuluka-basenjis.be

• I always say, be careful what you name your Basenjis… they just might resemble that name.... aka: Storm... Twister... ggg

Suggested Topics