• I live in Davenport and sent the information on the puppy and the shelter to BRAT on Friday evening and let them know I was willing to help if needed. Hopefully the puppy will be in good hands.

• @Punky:

I live in Davenport and sent the information on the puppy and the shelter to BRAT on Friday evening and let them know I was willing to help if needed. Hopefully the puppy will be in good hands.

That is great and thank you for doing so. Keep in mind that if the person I spoke to suspects you are affiliated with Brat, then they might not be so cooperative.

Jason

• Maybe someone over this animal control officers head will be more welcoming.
    Honestly, if I was closer, I would just go down and adopter her out of that place.
    That way, I would know she was in good hands.

• That is exactly why I contacted BRAT instead of the shelter, because I wasn't sure of the shelter's policy on dealing with rescues. I wanted to let BRAT do what BRAT does and also be able to remain anonymous to the shelter just in case. I know there is at least one other BRAT volunteer in the area as well. Hopefully something can be done so that the little girl isn't adopted out and then sent back to the shelter. At least with BRAT she would be properly screened as well as the adopters.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Maybe someone over this animal control officers head will be more welcoming.
    Honestly, if I was closer, I would just go down and adopter her out of that place.
    That way, I would know she was in good hands.

I would if I could get there before she is adopted to someone else. Puppies often adopt quickly from here. I was out of town all day yesterday and will not be able to break away from work until later in the week. The BRAT coordinator knows this, so hopefully they will let me know if they need my help getting her.

• Lets hope this all works out so a basenji smart person gets this girl.
    Hugs to all who have helped.

Suggested Topics