• I feel for you. Maybe switching to something like the EV0 Food Diet would work out better for you.

Jason

• Oh, I hope that was it…how awful for you both to have to go through this all.

I had to take Dakota in once when he stopped eating and I found him laying in the bathroom the next morning looking awful. They couldn't find anything with the barium and were keeping him to run more tests and he ended up throwing up a HUGE hunk of cloth. About a week before that, some workers came into the yard without permission and I think he must have tore it off one of them. That's all I could ever come up with because he was 13 at the time and didn't get into things anymore.

• Oh yeah, I went to the pet store yesterday in search of EVO and they didn't have it, so I picked up a bag of Merrick's until I can find a store that has it.

• http://www.naturapet.com/where-to-buy/

I suggest calling ahead. I usually call a few places and compare prices.

• Poor Lenny! Glad you finally found the answer.

We switched Fiji to Merricks BG recently as she seemed to be having some allergy symptoms and she's doing great on it so far. You think EVO is better, though?

And…cloth, brillo pads, etc - are basenjis part goat?:rolleyes:

• @Tayda_Lenny:

So this morning Lenny produced a large piece of cartiledge! Its size/shape seems consistent with a density on the x-ray from yesterday afternoon. If it is the same thing, it was in the small intestine yesterday and passed into the colon and out into the free world on its own this morning. I really hope that is it. they are going another xray tonight to see if the rest of the barium makes its way through and if so… he's coming home! If not.... ugh.

I'm officially scared away from a raw diet.... 😞

Glad that he passed it… and while I can understand your being "scared" about the raw diet... you know it could happen with anything...

But that said, I am really happy with the EVO red meat diet... but I will give mine raw meaty bones a couple times a week....

• We feed all three of our B's raw food and never had a problem. Like Pat said it could happen with anything. Hang in there.

Jenny

• So glad to hear Lenny passed that thing. I've been checking in waiting and hoping for some good luck to you both. Surgery wouldn't have been good. Hope Lenny goes home asap and that you're feeling a li'l better now too.

• I just caught up on these posts..
    Glad your b didn't need surgery.
    I don't feed raw, but those folks who do swear by it.
    Hugs to you and your b…

• LENNY IS HOME!!!! YAY!

We were waiting in the room and Lenny stormed in like the Lenny he always is…. we saw the x-rays and all the barium had gone into his large intestine and he was FULL of energy! The doc said the new x-rays show that something might still be in his stomach, but could not be sure and said we could keep him there another night and do more x-rays. I said "he looks great, even if there was more conclusive evidance that there was something in his stomach, I would not authorize operating on a dog that was looking and acting as healthy as he was acting tonight.

I brought him home and if he starts acting weird, i'll bring him in right away. Now I definitely know what to look for.

I brought the cartiledge home with me, but I no longer think it is cartiledge... My boyfriend and I are going to do some forensics on it... but he thinks its too big to be cartiledge. He saw it and said something like "cartiledge? what did you feed them, a cow?". ha ha. BUT, About a month ago or so, i came home and found tayda (in the crate) chewing on a piece of something EXACTLY like the thing we got from Lenny today. It looked like she (or lenny) had just puked it up. I remember walking around the apartment trying to figure out where she got it from. I never figured it out. Its like a plastic-y, rubber-y thing. Weird to think it could have been in there for over a month....

Anyway, I"ll figure it out later... i'm gonna go play w/ the B's!!!!

Thanks everyone for the support this weekend. My boyfriend was out of town (on a "guys weekend" in Vermont) and was even out of cell phone contact... and I don't really know many people in NY so I felt pretty alone going through this. Except for the other B owners at the dog park I go to... they were so concerned and offered to take Tayda for me if I needed to attend to things at the vet. But i wanted to keep her w/ me.... B people are the best!

• Glad he's home with you and lots perkier! Thinking of wierd things dogs eat…Daisy likes to eat my head bands. I used to have 6 or 8 of them - and somehow, no matter how vigilant I try to be keeping them out of her sight, she gets them - one by one they've been ruined - only one left. I hope you figure out what was in Lenny's belly.

Have fun and relax with your T & L tonight.

• look at the big mass between his femurs that needed to come out!!!!!

Geez, you'd think he'd given birth!

attachment_p_47070_0_lennyxray.jpg

• Oh my - OW-OW! What the … The shape is huge! What ever could it be? I hope you and your BF can solve the mystery. (solid rubber ball - hickory nut??)

Poor baby...

• Like I said with Kristii, we never ever figured out what it was that she had… it looked like a steel wool cleaning pad, but we don't use them... ???

• I'm glad he's acting like his normal self again and best of luck in the forensics department.

• I'm glad he's home with you and feeling more himself now.

MY GOSH..that thing is HUGE! I hope you can figure out what it is.

• I'm so glad Lenny is home and feeling better. It will be interesting hearing what he got into. Why are these B's such billly goats!!?

Pat

• WOW…that thing was HUGE!!! Glad poor Lenny didn't need surgery and glad he is home with you. Hopefully he's all done with this episode. You definitely have to post what the item was if you figure it out.

• I'm glad Lenny is home and feeling better!

I feed my boys a raw diet but use Evo sometimes too. It's hard to find where I live, but if you google Evo you can find their website. From there you can click on the link to see who sells it in your area.

Suggested Topics