• @UrbiBasenji:

I did a check online and it said that there was almost no risk. I have just had her a month so I have not taken her to the vet yet. I am planning on doing it soon though…

I weened her off of her previous food for about 2 weeks. She really likes the Wellness better than what I was feeding her. She does have some loose stools since I have totally weened her off of the previous food. It started yesterday (a couple days after eating only the wellness). She does not seem tired all the time but she did not want to go on her second walk this morning (I took her on one at about 7:30 for about 20 minutes and then her Daddy went to take her on one at about 10). and just laid around in her room (she has taken over the guest bedroom). I am just trying to make sure that she is ok. I think I am going to go home during my lunch (even though I live 30 minutes away) and see if she is doing ok. Maybe she will even get to come to work with her Mommy!

How old is she? Where did you get her? Have you talked to her breeder?

• @UrbiBasenji:

She is on Interceptor. Im going to go home during my lunch and give her a Pepto chewable. She was in her normal playing mode last night so I will check to see how she is after work. I am hoping that she was just tired from walking/playing hard last night!

If she were mine, I would NOT self medicate her until she has had a Vet visit…

Again, how old is she?

• I am glad she is feeling better.
    Its awful when our b's are sick.

• I do agree with Pat.
    I would stop giving her human "stuff" and get her vetted.
    Also, take a stool sample in to have it checked as well.
    Do let us know how she is doing.

• I got her from the American Basenji Rescue. I have e-mail Rebecca. I am not sure of her breeder. She is a year and a half. She did this last time when we weened her from the stuff that they were giving her. I am hoping that it is a freak incident and I am going to go home in about 1/2 an hour and check on her. If she is not feeling well the office I plan on taking her to is open 7-7 so I can take her tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the advice!

• Do let us know how she does at the vet.
    Hugs to you both.

• @UrbiBasenji:

I got her from the American Basenji Rescue. I have e-mail Rebecca. I am not sure of her breeder. She is a year and a half. She did this last time when we weened her from the stuff that they were giving her. I am hoping that it is a freak incident and I am going to go home in about 1/2 an hour and check on her. If she is not feeling well the office I plan on taking her to is open 7-7 so I can take her tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the advice!

I would bet it is the food….

• thats what I am thinking. She was only tired this morning. I am going home right now to go check on the little girl. I want to make sure that shes ok!

• She seems to be doing better. She was asleep when I came home. I will see how she is tonight, when I can hang out with her a little more. Thanks for all your help! Urbi says thank you too!

• Urbi and I went to the vets last night. It was a zoo! The vet did a fecal test and that came back ok so we think it might be the food. She gave me flax to put in her food and also put her on Prescription Diet W/D. We went on a walk late last night and shes already improving! She was such a star at the vets office too! We were there for a reallllly long time and she was soo good. Shes not that great with other dogs but we played with a few. I tried to get her to go on walks around the clinic but she just wanted to go inside and get all the attention. She was the talk of the waiting room! Everyone there petted her and told her how pretty she was. I am glad that it was a good experience for her! Thanks for your concern! I just want my Urbi to get back to her cute normal self!

• Well I am not very sure about the food but the ticks and lyme disease…It is good you plan to take her to the vet soon. I found a tick on my basenji and I was so worried because she hadn't been on any flea and tick prevention. (I had never seen a tick on or near her before...I've had her for about 2yrs.) I felt so much better at the vet because their was nothing wrong. Just take her to the vet asap.
    http://www.hmdawg.blogspot.com

Suggested Topics