• I know its been awhile, but Sally had massive Shedding before, which resolved wehn we changed her food. Now she is looing hair, when I say loosing, I mean you can see patches falling out again. I checked her for Mytes and Ticks…Nothing on her. The only thing we did different is ,we did FrontLine and Revolution, before we went camping. It was her first time since we got her in Oct. last year.

• This is the time of year that they will shed… and can be massive... can come out in "patches" or what seems lik patches. Other then the hair, is her general health OK? If so... I would not worry about it.

Question, however? Revolution is for heartworm, fleas, etc? so is Frontline? Any reason you used both?

• O good. I thought so too. But I wanted to make sure. How long does this shedding season last usually? It was given by the vet. One says Heartworm and external and one just says Fleas, ticks and lice, no heart worm(front line). Was I only supposed to give her the Revolution pill? The front line is a liquid. Maybe I gave her too much.

• Ok…not to hijack the thread...but I also have a question about losing hair. Ruby's tail is pretty thin now (has always been pretty bushy)...no bald spots, but definitely not what it has looked like in the past. She doesn't itch, scratch, or even acknowledge that she has a tail 😃 (and she isn't itching or scratching anywhere else either).

She was spayed 3 months ago and the vet wasn't at all concerned when I brought her in a couple weeks ago for her Lyme booster. The vet thought it could be hormonal changes because of the spay, and thought her coat was super and her weight, energy and everything else was perfect. They told me to keep an eye on everything because if there was more of a switch they'd want to test her thyroid, but to not worry about it. At present there isn't anything different about her at all pre/post spay.

Ever seen JUST a tail get scrawny from shedding? She seems to have no winter coat left at all anywhere on her so this year if she shed it happened instantly (like the 2 weeks while I was away in the BVI and she was at my breeder for boarding).

The other thing at the house that happens is when Brando wants her attention, he'll pull her tail (brat that he is:rolleyes:), and I've been watching to see if he gets hair in his mouth but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Pat? Ever seen this before?

• @massagemom3:

O good. I thought so too. But I wanted to make sure. How long does this shedding season last usually? It was given by the vet. One says Heartworm and external and one just says Fleas, ticks and lice, no heart worm(front line). Was I only supposed to give her the Revolution pill? The front line is a liquid. Maybe I gave her too much.

Revolution is for fleas and Heartworm (plus other external parisites, or so the website says)… so it was (IMO) a double dose with using both. I would use one or the other. I am not a fan of Revolution and would rather just use the monthly heartworm pills that are for heartworm only and then the flea/tick stuff as needed. Again, just my opinion

Shedding can last two months... or longer... good brushing a couple of times a week will help get the hair out and off her...

• @renaultf1:

Ok…not to hijack the thread...but I also have a question about losing hair. Ruby's tail is pretty thin now (has always been pretty bushy)...no bald spots, but definitely not what it has looked like in the past. She doesn't itch, scratch, or even acknowledge that she has a tail 😃 (and she isn't itching or scratching anywhere else either).

She was spayed 3 months ago and the vet wasn't at all concerned when I brought her in a couple weeks ago for her Lyme booster. The vet thought it could be hormonal changes because of the spay, and thought her coat was super and her weight, energy and everything else was perfect. They told me to keep an eye on everything because if there was more of a switch they'd want to test her thyroid, but to not worry about it. At present there isn't anything different about her at all pre/post spay.

Ever seen JUST a tail get scrawny from shedding? She seems to have no winter coat left at all anywhere on her so this year if she shed it happened instantly (like the 2 weeks while I was away in the BVI and she was at my breeder for boarding).

The other thing at the house that happens is when Brando wants her attention, he'll pull her tail (brat that he is:rolleyes:), and I've been watching to see if he gets hair in his mouth but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Pat? Ever seen this before?

I have not… So I would say it is just due to shedding... they do get undercoat on the tail too, so would not be uncommon

• @tanza:

I have not… So I would say it is just due to shedding... they do get undercoat on the tail too, so would not be uncommon

Good to know! Thanks 🙂

Suggested Topics