Little Update on Jack and Aiden

• **Just thought Id share what we have been up to. Everyone is doing GREAT!! Jack and Aiden are still obsessed with eachother in fact, Aidens first real word besides mama and dada, was DOG and he says it EVERY time he sees Jack

• So good to hear. And what cute pictures of them both. 😃

• Congratulations! You've come a long way, baby!

• Wonderful To Hear. Ur Pics Are Absolutly Beautiful. What A Handsome Boy And Furry Kid U Have There. I'm Glad To Hear Good News. I Am Pregnant Now And Are Alittle Concerned At How My Boy And Girl Will Be Once The Baby Comes. Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated But Again It's Great To See You Guys Are Doing Well And It Gives Me Great Hopes For Our Future

• We're pregnant too and a little fearful about the change for our little man. This weekend he interacted with my 10 month old neice pretty well. I didnt let her do much to him though. He smelled her and walked away disinterested.

My husband (who has a science background) says our smell changes b/c of the hormones. I wonder if our B's know something's up. Just to be on the safe side, we're going to have someone dog sit for the first week when the baby comes.

Good luck.

• What Handsome Males you have there! They are just the cuitest!

• **Well Ive definaly learned alot in eight months (cant believe how fast he is growing up!!) Jack had some rough times in the beginning thats for sure, not with the baby, more like VERY protective and therefore aggressive towards other people. Im ashamed to say i was very close to re homing my Jackers because I was so over whelmed with all the changes, but we stuck it out for "one more week" and Im SOOOOOOOO glad we did! Jack is AMAZING with Aiden…us...strangers...everyone!! Its somthing we gave a try and its the only REAL thing he responds to...Its a collar with a remote for trainging, one button sends a beep to the collar when you give a command (like the clicker technique) and the second botton sends out a vibration as a second attemt to the command if he doesnt respond to the beep first...(NOT A SHOCK COLLAR just so you all dont get confused) The DAY we got the collar we used the vibration button maybe 5 times and now we have it on him at the dog park or when strangers are over (and the first 20 minutes he comes back inside from being out bc for some reason thats when Basenjis get into things...lol) and we ONLY use the beep!! Its works GREAT!! Im so glad we found somthing Jack responds to. Because he was abused before nothing worked for him but this does and Now Aiden is his puppy!! And im SHOCKED to say Jack puts up with So much from him...he CHOOSES to go lay by Aiden and LET him pull and pet and lay and drool all over him!! lol...Poor Jack, I have to take Aiden away somtimes because Im worried he'll pull too hard and whenever I take Aiden away, Jack wakes from a dead sleep and follows me to where I put Aiden and lays right back down beside him!! HAHAHAA!!! AH Im in tears just thinking about how close I got to letting him go!! It has been an experience thats for sure and bringing home a baby was really tough on Jack at first, but NOW Aiden is his favorite "Oh Kira and Geoff my owners? Who are they??" Jack says!!

I love my Two Baby Boys!!!They are no doubt "brothers from different mothers!! HAHAA**

• Just be careful that once Jack really gets mobile, that Jack has a way to get away from him.
    Laugh

• @sharronhurlbut:

Just be careful that once Jack really gets mobile, that Jack has a way to get away from him.
    Laugh

Oh yea!! I know that for sure! hehee, he bolts from us all the time lol, he has free range around the house and Aiden has is own pack in play space (for when mommy cant watch Jack and Aiden bc she has a mound of laundry to do or needs a shower every once in a while) and bouncer! And Jacker has his outdoor space as well as free range of the house!! But thanks for the adivice!! I agree totally!!

• Wow that collar sounds great. Please let me know where you got it. Our problem is that our boy Champ tries to dominate our girl and though we have been able to work with hom some, he still tries and if someone else is around they get bit too. For exaple this weekend my sister came over and Champ has this thing of biting Belle when ppl come like if he dosne't want her to get attention but my sister's hand got caught in the middle and unfortunantly got bit. So though it's not direct aggression towards us I think this collar would work great.

• @luzmery928:

Wow that collar sounds great. Please let me know where you got it. Our problem is that our boy Champ tries to dominate our girl and though we have been able to work with hom some, he still tries and if someone else is around they get bit too. For exaple this weekend my sister came over and Champ has this thing of biting Belle when ppl come like if he dosne't want her to get attention but my sister's hand got caught in the middle and unfortunantly got bit. So though it's not direct aggression towards us I think this collar would work great.

I got it from the trainer, Sherry Moore from Ohio…Her and her husband buy normal shock collars and transform them into a virbrating collar. Im sure if you googled it youd find vibrating training dog collars. (Mine was free bc she is a friend of the family and they make them themselves) but I know she doesnt sell them unless your being trained under her. Ill do some research and see if i cant find some online tho!!

Suggested Topics