R/W boy for sale – NOT MINE

• I don't know much about this dog, just saw an ad in our local paper and
    called the owner to get a little information.
    Here is all I know – if any of you may know of someone looking, esp. the Washington state area . . .

He sounds like a great boy. Unfortunately, I am certain this was not a responsible breeder or the pup never would have wound up at a pet store -esp the one they got him from; it's a small, cramped, dirty place. It is doubtful there was medical testing on the dam/sire.

$400.00
    This boy is a neutered red/white, purchased from a local farm supply/pet store.
    The family is giving him up because the couple is separating. The woman cannot take him because she doesn't know where she is going, and I believe she said her husband won't keep him.
    They have an 18 mos old girl, with whom the dog plays well. They have another dog {Shiba Inu} to whom the B is quite attached, and think he would do best in a home with another dog.
    He has interacted with a neighbor cat in a friendly/playful way.

The breeder was a Cindy Clausen, about whom I can find no information via Internet {admittedly, I don't quite know how to search for her}.

Let me know if you have any leads on potential forever homes for this fella
    {BRAT has already contacted her, but she would prefer to try to sell him rather than turn him over at this point.}, and I will get contact info.

• I was scanning through the classified ads in our local paper and came across an ad for a Basenji. The paper lists him as AKC but he came from the same pet store that I got Zahra so I know that he is not AKC. I called the ad and talked to the guy and they want to sell him because his wife is going to have to have surgery and will be unable to care for the dog for 6 -8 weeks. The man I talked to said that he works a lot and doesn't have time to take care of the dog (Okay I am going to be mean here - does that mean he wants to sell his kid too? They require a lot of time also. Sorry, I needed to rant.) The Basenji is a Red and White Male 6 months old and they want to sell him for $700.00 I told him that if he is not able to sell him, he had one guy come by to look at him yesterday, to please call me back because I am with BRAT and we would work on getting him into a foster home and placed with the right family. I told him that I understand the money issue but I want to make sure that the Basenji gets into the right home. He told me the guy that came by yesterday already has one Basenji.

I understand dire circumstances and the need to sell him to re-coop money, really I do but to me the most humane thing to do would be to surrender this dog to a rescue who is going to properly place him. $700.00 for a puppymill dog that is really not AKC is crazy.

And just like you Jazzysmom this one is right down the road from me.

• @ChaseandZahrasmom:

I was scanning through the classified ads in our local paper and came across an ad for a Basenji. The paper lists him as AKC but he came from the same pet store that I got Zahra so I know that he is not AKC. I called the ad and talked to the guy and they want to sell him because his wife is going to have to have surgery and will be unable to care for the dog for 6 -8 weeks. The man I talked to said that he works a lot and doesn't have time to take care of the dog (Okay I am going to be mean here - does that mean he wants to sell his kid too? They require a lot of time also. Sorry, I needed to rant.) The Basenji is a Red and White Male 6 months old and they want to sell him for $700.00 I told him that if he is not able to sell him, he had one guy come by to look at him yesterday, to please call me back because I am with BRAT and we would work on getting him into a foster home and placed with the right family. I told him that I understand the money issue but I want to make sure that the Basenji gets into the right home. He told me the guy that came by yesterday already has one Basenji.

I understand dire circumstances and the need to sell him to re-coop money, really I do but to me the most humane thing to do would be to surrender this dog to a rescue who is going to properly place him. $700.00 for a puppymill dog that is really not AKC is crazy.

And just like you Jazzysmom this one is right down the road from me.

Even if it was AKC, it is crazy and obviously it is more important that they get the money back then find the pup a proper home… And I totally agree about your statement on the kids.. I have often thought that about people myself...... but I hope that the pup is neutered.... and that then person that came by yesterday has a spayed bitch.. and not one intact....

• I had a bitch from Cindy Clausen as well.
    I twas her 5th home in a 9-month time frame.
    Some up north may remember "Sami"
    She actually had one of the best temperaments I've dealt with in rescue dogs. Aside from her weird coat (thin and prickly) issue, she was healthy as an ox. A fanconi-carrier, thyroid normal, and CERFd at 4.5 years old.
    Hopefully this boy is as sweet as Sami was!

Suggested Topics