Anyone know this breeder?

• @Quercus:

Interesting….I was told they wouldn't. Hmmm....

Me too Andrea.. and I know people that have been turned away with Basenjis that are a bite risk…. guess it depends...???

• @tanza:

Me too Andrea.. and I know people that have been turned away with Basenjis that are a bite risk…. guess it depends...???

yeah, I am thinking it depends a lot on the contact person. But from what I have discussed with folks from other all breed rescue groups, there is a HUGE liability for a group who knowingly adopts out a dog that has bitten people before.

• @Quercus:

yeah, I am thinking it depends a lot on the contact person. But from what I have discussed with folks from other all breed rescue groups, there is a HUGE liability for a group who knowingly adopts out a dog that has bitten people before.

Exactly, this was one of the reasons that BCONC (No. Cal Club) had to stop doing rescue as a club, insurance coverage…

• I think it depends.

If not, what is the reason for the 'Bites?' field being included on their rap sheets on the rescue site? Just telling you what I know. BRAT was fully aware that the family fostering Tucker had bite issues with him because that is why they put him up for adoption. They were having a baby and didn't want Tucker to eat it after having bitten a 14 year old kid and Tucker's Dad.

Tucker didn't bite BEFORE they moved and she got pregnant, however, so it could just have been the change in his environment. Either way, they knew and they told me.

Go to the BRAT site and look at the dogs there. Look at Dune, Leo (of Leo and Ruby), Ginger, Bobo, Tahoe and Larry. All listed as biters.

• I just started reading this thread…do you have enough money lined up? If not, I'll chip in the difference to make it happen. On other lists I have been on, people have just put $10 or $20 bill in an envelope and sent it to a total stranger on occasion to help a dog. I don't know of any time it was a scam, just people chipping in a bit when they can to help someone with a need. In this case, getting a nice dog into a new family instead of the pound. Good for you all for getting this rolling!

Anne in Tampa

• I'm waiting to hear back from Sharron {BRAT} before moving forward.

You guys are all awesome,though, for jumping on this!

• Hi all.
    I just got back into town.
    I know BRAT does not "buy"dogs, so paying for this dog will have to be done by folks who care what happens to him. It can't be BRAT related.
    I will take him into BRAT's care once he has been screened by a foster home.
    So he does have a place to go.
    So, its a matter of discussing this with this "owner" to see what price she will sell him at.
    Now, I did send her all the BRAT info and the fees we charge to adopt b's out to folks.
    She wouldn't turn him over, so I asked her to take my info and give it to the next family so they could contact me when they had basenji issues.
    I need to get up to speed re this being still availible.
    You all can send funds where you wish, if someone has a pay pal acct, that would probably be best.
    I will catch up this weekend.

• I just realized how stupid that above post was.
    SIGH!
    Yes, BRAT does buy puppymill dogs with the board approval but that is a case by case thing and not done as a matter of course.
    This boy, if he is still not sold will have to be done by private members who care about this boys future.
    I just felt I needed to post this so we are clear this is a nice group of folks who are donating to this boys fees and not a BRAT project.
    Hugs to you all.

• Okay, we're set up to go with this boy . . . I have recieved $150.00 thus far into my paypay account.

For those of you who offered to donate, you can donate through PayPal to the email address darrenturner@wavecable.com.

I know I should have held off until I had all funds on hand, but I was also working on my friend's schedule, and she's out of town quite a bit..

Can I get a quick recount of those who intend to donate?

• I've sent money via Paypal. Hopefully you've heard from them by now.

Pat

• @BasenjiDiva:

I've sent money via Paypal. Hopefully you've heard from them by now.

Pat

Yes, Pat, thanks. I've just gotten notification! 😃

• I have sent money via paypal also…

• As have I, and I've received your confirmation e-mail, JazzysMom.

Crossing my fingers that all goes as planned!

• I plan on sending money tomorrow while at work. Although only expect $10 from me. I wish it could be more. Hopefully other people will pull through though so we can save this baby 🙂

• Every penny helps, so we all appreciate every contribution.

PayPal is up to $240, so we're getting there!

I'm getting excited….almost as if I'm bringing this little boy home w/me, LOL, but dh has made it quite clear that I am not! 😢

• I have to say that you all are wonderful.
    We have the foster home set up for next sat, that is the day of "sale".
    I am hopeful we can post some photos soon and give a nice report of this b's temperment.
    Hugs to you all.
    THANK YOU!

• I sent money as well. I presume it was received. I got confirmation from PayPal that it was sent, but nothing else???

• @TuckerVA:

I sent money as well. I presume it was received. I got confirmation from PayPal that it was sent, but nothing else???

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I'd emailed you directly.:(

yes, I got your money.Thanks!;)

• How much more money is needed? Vanessa and I would like to contribute.

• Well, I have $240 now, and am expecting $35 more tomorrow….

So, that'd leave $25 still needed to hit the full $300.

Suggested Topics