Anyone know this breeder?

• Well, personally I would not mind sending you a check. I mean, the way I see it, we are all just trying to save this dog - and I like to think people are trustworthy. Particularly since some of us have been on this forum for a while now… I mean, if a first time poster was heading this up, I would be hesitant, but I know you in particular have been here for some time, as have i, so I am fine with it.

But if someone has a faster way, I'm for it. I know with paypal, the payer does not pay an extra fee, but the recipient does incur a fee...

• I know my paypal accepts payments, only because I sold a guy some stuff once and he payed via PayPal. I don't even know how it works, LOL, he asked for my account name and voila! the money magically appeared.

I'll call her later today and get back to you all before we decide if we need to go ahead and try this.

• JazzysMom, are you sure BRAT will accept him? (Admittedly, I don't know how that process works.) Or are you willing to foster him 'til you find a home for him? Or give him a forever home yourself? (Sorry if I missed how this all was going to work.)

I, too, would be willing to kick in $50.

Kudos to you, JazzysMom!

• Yeah, we just need to get on the ball with this. I know everyone involved is trying their best. Looks like with gbroxyn and others who are willing to pitch in, we're closer to $300. If not, I'd be happy to make up the difference once we're all settled if $300 makes the difference to the seller. I hope the dog is okay…

We just need to finalize the method behind our madness. 🙂 AKA, love for our elite breed! 😉

• @gbroxon:

JazzysMom, are you sure BRAT will accept him? (Admittedly, I don't know how that process works.) Or are you willing to foster him 'til you find a home for him? Or give him a forever home yourself? (Sorry if I missed how this all was going to work.)

I, too, would be willing to kick in $50.

Kudos to you, JazzysMom!

Pretty sure – Sharron has already spoken to the owner, but the owner wants t recoup some of the money they spent buying him.

Doesn't BRAT pretty much take any B that is turned over to them?

• Okay, I talked to the woman this morning and she is willing to take $300, but no less.

So…. next step?

• @JazzysMom:

Okay, I talked to the woman this morning and she is willing to take $300, but no less.

So…. next step?

Again, IMO… I would wait it out.... obviously she has no takers to this point. Sad to do, but by paying for this pup, you are supporting her/his behavior of trying to sell the dog

• @tanza:

Again, IMO… I would wait it out.... obviously she has no takers to this point. Sad to do, but by paying for this pup, you are supporting her/his behavior of trying to sell the dog

Well, I don't object to her trying to sell him – her family is breaking up, she doesn't know where she is going to live, she needs to recoup some of the money...... I can see that. The pet store isn't taking him back.

I'd rather do it this way, than to risk her selling him to a bad home.

I think......😕

• i am ready to send a check or transfter via paypal… just let me know. we should probably start an off-forum conversation about this... for privacy reasons.

• @JazzysMom:

Well, I don't object to her trying to sell him – her family is breaking up, she doesn't know where she is going to live, she needs to recoup some of the money...... I can see that. The pet store isn't taking him back.

I'd rather do it this way, than to risk her selling him to a bad home.

I think......😕

I understand where you are coming from JM. But honestly, there is no way anybody is going to give her $700, IMO.

And, no BRAT won't accept a dog that has bitten humans (at least that is what I have been told repeatedly). So make SURE that you check him out before you pay her.

• I adopted Tucker from BRAT and was told he was aggressive and that he bit a child. It was right in BRAT's description of him.

I'm ready to pony up myself. Who's in charge here? 😉

• Wait…this dog bite a human??? Did I miss something?

• Noone knows about the dog we're trying to buy and pass along to BRAT. Quercus just said we should check the dog out becuase she's not sure BRAT takes biters. I think they do since they let me adopt one, but maybe things have changed. I dunno.

If your question was directed at me, YES, Tucker has bitten plenty of people (who deserved it)…

• @Quercus:

I understand where you are coming from JM. But honestly, there is no way anybody is going to give her $700, IMO.

And, no BRAT won't accept a dog that has bitten humans (at least that is what I have been told repeatedly). So make SURE that you check him out before you pay her.

They are only asking $400 in the original ad.

and I wouldn't pick him up w/out visiting first. From what she says – and I do realize she's trying to re-home him -- he's very friendly,w/kids etc

• @TuckerVA:

I adopted Tucker from BRAT and was told he was aggressive and that he bit a child. It was right in BRAT's description of him.

I think if you go to paypal.com, you only need my email address to make a payment via credit card to my account - if you want to do it that way. Then I can transfer the money, I think, to my checking and go from there.

You can email me at adakgirl@gmail.com –that is the address I use for more "public" communication -- I will send you my private email address, through which I use paypal.

BEFORE anyone does ANYTHING, we need to be sure that everyone is on-board with it, AND let me hear back from Sharron to make sure she has the foster home lined up. She said they had one, but I want to double-check before I wind up w/a third dog here:eek: Dh would NEVER go for that!!!

• I'm emailing you now. And, yes, I'm on board.

• same here. i'm on board, and just emailed you.

• I'm on board as well. Let me know the paypal address…or I will email you actually.

• @TuckerVA:

I adopted Tucker from BRAT and was told he was aggressive and that he bit a child. It was right in BRAT's description of him.

Interesting….I was told they wouldn't. Hmmm....

• I'm stilll up for my share. I'm getting ready to send you an email to the address shown above to verify.

Pat

Suggested Topics