• So I am wondering if the pups are getting anourhg food. Mia is 10 mo and 19lbs and Nike is 4 mo and 14 lbs. They are very lean. Everytime I put their food down it's like I've never fed them before lol!
    I feed them each : 4oz of BARF at 8am. veggies with omega oil at lunch. 4oz of BARF around 5pm. Then there are a few treats in the middle. Is it just that they would always eat even if they were full or should I give them more than 1/2 a pattie of BARF per serving?

• I thought Tiggy weighted more than he did (we tried the home scale method it was a little off) but then on 3 different vet scales (same day and long story) he weighted right at 20 pounds. He'll be 9 months on Tuesday and he's about 17.5 to 18 inches tall at the trying to eat the measuring tape shoulder

I would say that as long as you don't see hip and rib bones they should be just fine. From what I understand about the BARF diet is dogs stay nice and lean and muscular with out much fat on them.

They sound to be at good weights, can you post recent pictures of them maybe from side and top?

• wow I must be a bad mom I don't really have any recent pics, or not at least any good ones, so maybe I am just a bad photographer lol

• @Mia:

So I am wondering if the pups are getting anourhg food. Mia is 10 mo and 19lbs and Nike is 4 mo and 14 lbs. They are very lean. Everytime I put their food down it's like I've never fed them before lol!
    I feed them each : 4oz of BARF at 8am. veggies with omega oil at lunch. 4oz of BARF around 5pm. Then there are a few treats in the middle. Is it just that they would always eat even if they were full or should I give them more than 1/2 a pattie of BARF per serving?

Keoki is about 14 mos. and is pretty lean {I posted a photo yesterday} and ALWAYS on the look out for food. If he even THINKS someone MAY have gotten near food, he's all over you! He'll eat anything, at any time.

My thoughts are – if, when he is standing still, I cannot see ribs but I can feel them easily, then we are doing fine. When he runs and plays I can see his ribs, but I think that is okay.

Weight is important, but really I think appearance will let you know more about if they're eating enough or too much for that matter.

• @Mia:

wow I must be a bad mom I don't really have any recent pics, or not at least any good ones, so maybe I am just a bad photographer lol

on that I will call you a baby mom, no new pics, you're fired LMAO j/k but that does bring up that we need new pics 😃

Suggested Topics