• This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Basenjis but since we're all animal lovers here I thought I would share it with you all. On one of the forums that I frequent, there is a thread about "an emu in the kitchen". I have followed this story for the past month and it never fails to crack me up! Here's the link. Hope you all enjoy!

• Buying a random egg off Ebay for $30…interesting. LOL. I can tell you, I would never want an emu. They are such dumb birds! Haha

• OMG…that's so funny! Who would have thought? I'm going to have to go back and continue reading about that emu's life!

• Thanks Robyn! I will have to follow the emu's progress…along with Argus and the eagle eggs I'm watching. (Honest, I do have a life.) My grandparents lived on a farm in Mississippi and they had an ostrich. My grandmother was visiting an ostrich farm in California and made an impulse buy and had a chick shipped home. They had a large fenced yard and it had a shelter built for it. It had the run of the yard. They also had 2 monkeys that had been left with a local Vet after a little traveling circus/petting zoo went broke and left some of the animals in their area. They built the monkeys a large covered, elevated cage in a calf pasture next to their home. Need I say that I absolutely loved our summer trips to visit these grandparents! (Actually, the ostrich died when I was very young and I have no memory of it. I do remember the monkeys well and even have a monkey bite scar on one hand.)

Pat

• OMG! This is hysterical! I can't believe she has an Emu living in her kitchen. Her posts are so funny! I have saved the link to my favorites so I can keep reading the updates.

This was so much more fun than doing my Sociology homework this morning! LOL!

• The emu stories are just hilarious, I am suppose to be cleaning house (goofed off in VA yesterday)and now I have gotten off task!!! I think this person was brave to buy an unhatched egg off of ebay, not for me. I would hate to be cleaning up that potty mess, I am so glad I have a well trained housebroken Basenji, now if I can just teach DH to put the top down, hehe!!!!

• Yeah, I put that link in my favorites and I have been checking it all day to see if there are any other updates on the Emu. I now still am not done with my Sociology homework and just finished part of my Math after having a birthday dinner with my neighbors and DH.

• OMG that is so funny! Thank you for sharing that link.

Anne

• I love this stuff!!! It's like a pet soap opera, drama, suspense, comedy….:D

I see it but I don't believe it - an emu, from eBay, in the kitchen! 😃 😃

• Thanks Robyn, I am addicted to the story about Peck. I check it every day to see new pictures of him and laugh about the stories being posted. I am thinking if I told my husband about this story he would be thankful we didn't leave some where with more land because I would want an Emu now too! LOL!

• Oh I am so sad! I thought this thread was very amusing, so I would occasionally check it out when I remembered to. I had not looked at it in probably at least a week or so and I checked it out tonight, and saw that I had 3 pgs to catch up on. Well first I see that the emu is sick, and I feel so bad, the poor lady is working so hard to get him better…then I see he is getting better, and there are some adorable pics of him outside helping them wash the cars...then I get to the next page and I see he has taken a turn for the worse, and today he died! I feel really bad for the family who took care of him, they understandably seem to feel horrible about it, but like everyone said, this emu was just lucky to have such a cool life, even if it was short.
    I am sad, though, that thread was very amusing, and the emu was a neat little animal...

• 😞 Oh…I hate to hear that. I check in frequently also and was sad to read yesterday morning that things were looking so grim. I hate that he died. The family seemed like a cool and caring family. I have also been following another blog that Robyn sent me about Argus, a badly neglected but now rescued horse. Argus is doing really well but this past week another equine pasture companion injured himself and had to be put down. It was very sad. Like the "emu in the kitchen" writer, the lady who blogs about Argus is also a good writer. So they manage to really convey the sadness of the event.

Pat

• To be one of the dumbest species out there, Ebay showed tremendous personality and charm. When I had read that Ebay (previously called Peck) died, I literally teared up. I can't believe how "attached" I had become to an animal I never met. 😞

For those interested in reading about Argus, the blog is at http://savingargus.blogspot.com/

• @YodelDogs:

To be one of the dumbest species out there, Ebay showed tremendous personality and charm. When I had read that Ebay (previously called Peck) died, I literally teared up. I can't believe how "attached" I had become to an animal I never met. 😞

Ditto! And regarding the horse in the blog about Argus….Didn't it tear you up to read about the owner driving there as fast as she could and them holding the phone up to the horse's ear so she could say good bye!? That still tears me up. And then reading this morning on this board about the loss of Rocky......a big day for tears.

After all of that, I had to go to a memorial service for a friend. I couldn't tell my friends that my tear ducts were at the ready because I was also mourning a horse, an emu, and a basenji!!! Don't think they would understand.

Pat

• @BasenjiDiva:

Ditto! And regarding the horse in the blog about Argus….Didn't it tear you up to read about the owner driving there as fast as she could and them holding the phone up to the horse's ear so she could say good bye!? That still tears me up. And then reading this morning on this board about the loss of Rocky......a big day for tears.

After yesterday's losses I was almost afraid to read any more favorite blogs and forums today. 😞

Suggested Topics