• I'm new…I just wanted to introduce myself and such...
    My name is Kayla,
    I don't have a basenji, but I'm on a waiting list for one for next fall...
    I have a med-sized mutt right now he is my joy (he's actually just a little bit bigger than a basenji, he might be much bigger when he's fully grown though and he has a wrinkly forehead..if only he had standing ears instead of floppy, lol) and he loves dogs and I really want a playmate for him...

I also have a bengal, he was at first a little scared of dogs but now he loves to play and cuddle with my pup.

I had a basenji when I was really young, but don't remember too much.
    I think they are the most adorable and fun dogs someone can own.
    One of my neighbors has one and our pups play together....I cannot wait to get another one!
    Thanks for Reading my post!
    -K

• Welcome to the Basenji Forum. I'm really happy I found this community and I'm sure you will be too. We're all crazy together, you'll see.

• Thanks…
    lol
    my boyfriend already thinks I'm crazy for wanting so many basenjis 🙂

• @BooKoo:

I'm new…I just wanted to introduce myself and such...
    My name is Kayla,
    I don't have a basenji, but I'm on a waiting list for one for next fall...
    One of my neighbors has one and our pups play together....I cannot wait to get another one!
    Thanks for Reading my post!
    -K

Whose waiting list are you on?

Oh, and welcome!!!:D

• Welcome! You should post a picture of your mutt! 🙂

• Welcome, lots of good help here for you to learn about our lovely dogs.

• @BooKoo:

I also have a bengal, he was at first a little scared of dogs but now he loves to play and cuddle with my pup.

I'm assuming you mean a cat, not a tiger. 😃 If you get a puppy, the cat and a basenji should be fine. An adult B meeting a cat for the first time will typically give chase. Cats run from dogs, typically, and basenji's chase anything that runs away, including people. 🙂

• yeah. Mia just likes to chase our cat around.
    where as rocky tries to eat her. (rocky was a year old when he came here)

haha and i thought tiger when i saw that but i thought, hmm.. thats not right. lol :p

• My puppy had never really been around cats but he's very good with my bengal. (lol yes it's a cat not a tiger I don't think they allow tigers in lofts.)

Also I work with a trainer who trained her dog, whom she just got from a rescue who used to eat cats to sleep with her 3 cats she currently has.
    It was a miracle
    she's like the dog whisperer lol
    I've seen her work with the most aggressive dogs and they turn out to be the sweetest pets ever!

• Bengals are very cool cats indeed.:)

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the fun and information.🆒

• @TuckerVA:

I'm assuming you mean a cat, not a tiger. 😃

Who says dogs can't play with tigers? 😃

• Here are basenjis and tigers

http://www.basenji.dk/news.htm

• oh my god. lol

who knew.

Suggested Topics