• Hello, everyone! I am so excited to have stumbled upon this forum! I belonged to Basenji Companions until last year, and I miss the community and advice. I have one basenji, a 10-year-old red & white male named Toby. I adopted him six years ago as a "golden opportunity" dog when his show/breeding days were over. He shares the house with three humans and a cat. (We may be inheriting another cat, but don't tell him…I'd sort of promised him a little sister.) Any other west Michigan folk out there?

• Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures when you get a chance (we are all addicted to pictures here).

• Welcome! I'm sure you'll love the forum. I know I do!

• Welcome 🙂 Let's see some pics of Toby!

• Welcome to the forum 🙂 This place is addicting!

• Welcome to the forum from a fellow Michigander, I'm a newbie myself to this forum. Although I live in the metro Detroit area, my mind is usually in the western/northwestern part of our Great ( yet slightly economically depressed) state. I lived in the Leelanau Peninsula (Cedar) for 4 years and it was absolute paradise. I can't hardly take more than about 6 weeks of the concrete jungle without getting the itch to have some "fishing therapy" in n.w. michigan. We've got a 2 1/2 year old Basenji mix (Dingo). Not sure what he's mixed with but he exhibits 99% Basenji behavior. Once again Welcome and enjoy!

• Welcome to the forum!!! Can't wait to hear more about your boy and maybe some pictures.

• Hello and welcome!

This forum really is very addictive!!

Love to see some photos of your boy Toby 😃

• Hello and welcome, we would all love to see pics when you get a chance:D

• I am not from Michigan, but I am just a short ride across the lake from you, in Eastern Wisconsin, near Sheboygan.

• B-Com is a wonderful group aren't they?
    I like this venue as well.
    Always something to learn.
    Welcome

• It's been a lonely couple of years without reading about other people's adventures in Basenjiland. I will write about Toby (and post pics) when I have a little extra time to figure out the forum. (And I have a couple of concerns - I found the forum while Googling information on those. I'll post my worries, too, when I have time.) Sharron - The Evergreen Basenji Club was the source of the Basenji handbook I picked up before getting Toby six years ago. Three years ago I saw a two basenjis in a Volvo on the Bainbridge Island ferry. Anyone you know? Kirk - I'm originally from Bay City (talk about depressed areas…) and visit the Walled Lake area regularly with Toby. There's a couple in our friends' subdivision with basenjis - the only ones I ever see "live" besides my own! Toby is from Kansas - a Jazzeta basenji, if any of you know Dawn Schultis. Again, thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to be in a pack again!

Michele (aka Scampy)

• Hey Michele! My name is Michelle too and I'm from Michigan! I just moved to NY a few months ago but lived in Michigan (Farmington Hills, then Ann Arbor) my whole life before moving here. Welcome to the forums! Post pics!

• @Scampy:

It's been a lonely couple of years without reading about other people's adventures in Basenjiland. I will write about Toby (and post pics) when I have a little extra time to figure out the forum. (And I have a couple of concerns - I found the forum while Googling information on those. I'll post my worries, too, when I have time.) Sharron - The Evergreen Basenji Club was the source of the Basenji handbook I picked up before getting Toby six years ago. Three years ago I saw a two basenjis in a Volvo on the Bainbridge Island ferry. Anyone you know? Kirk - I'm originally from Bay City (talk about depressed areas…) and visit the Walled Lake area regularly with Toby. There's a couple in our friends' subdivision with basenjis - the only ones I ever see "live" besides my own! Toby is from Kansas - a Jazzeta basenji, if any of you know Dawn Schultis. Again, thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to be in a pack again!

Michele (aka Scampy)

Do know that kennel name, don't know Dawn personally…. and welcome

• @Any:

I was born in Kalamazoo!

Welcome to the forum!

Tabatha

• @Scampy:

Hello, everyone! I am so excited to have stumbled upon this forum! I belonged to Basenji Companions until last year, and I miss the community and advice. I have one basenji, a 10-year-old red & white male named Toby. I adopted him six years ago as a "golden opportunity" dog when his show/breeding days were over. He shares the house with three humans and a cat. (We may be inheriting another cat, but don't tell him…I'd sort of promised him a little sister.) Any other west Michigan folk out there?

I was born in Kalamazoo!

Welcome to the forum!

Tabatha

Suggested Topics