• Hello, I am Carol in California and I have had Basenjis since 1962. I have bred & co-owned 4 Best in Show Basenjis in the US (which I didn't show myself) and one that was the top winning dog in Uruguay for 3 years and have handled a LOT of Basenjis that I have bred to their Championships. I love breeding, raising and then showing dogs. I am pretty old now but still manage to get around the ring and finish a dog or two a year. During my early years I also raised 5 sons while showing my Basenjis on a very limited budget. Still on a limited budget so don't advertise much. I currently have 17 Basenjis and 4 puppies. Several of them are old and/or dogs I have had to take back for one reason or the other. I hope I can figure out how to use this forum to at least read posts, I am not very technically savvy. Also there are only so many hours in a day for all the posts to read on the various lists.

• Hello and welcome to the forum:D

• Welcome-can't wait to hear your stories. Many like myself are just starting out and would love to hear from another long time Basenji person.

• Well, Hi there Carol!!!! and you are NOT old!!!! We are all just "getting" older.. and hey we still make it around the ring!

• Hello and welcome!!

• Welcome to the forum! I love hearing what "basenji experienced" folk have to say…you'll have some fun here too!

• With that many basenji's you have had to seen "it all" with basenji behavior

• @Saphira:

Hello, I am Carol in California and I have had Basenjis since 1962. I have bred & co-owned 4 Best in Show Basenjis in the US (which I didn't show myself) and one that was the top winning dog in Uruguay for 3 years and have handled a LOT of Basenjis that I have bred to their Championships. I love breeding, raising and then showing dogs. I am pretty old now but still manage to get around the ring and finish a dog or two a year. During my early years I also raised 5 sons while showing my Basenjis on a very limited budget. Still on a limited budget so don't advertise much. I currently have 17 Basenjis and 4 puppies. Several of them are old and/or dogs I have had to take back for one reason or the other. I hope I can figure out how to use this forum to at least read posts, I am not very technically savvy. Also there are only so many hours in a day for all the posts to read on the various lists.

You CURRENTLY have SEVENTEEN Basenjis and are still sane? :eek:

I bow before the Basenji Queen. 😃

• Welcome to the Forums Carol! It is pretty funny to see you listed as a "junior member of the pack".

• Hi Carol!!!!!:D How are the pups doing?

• Gracious, you must be busy with all those mouths to feed, and watch so they don't tear up your house. haha!!!! Welcome to a real Basenji expert, please lots of stories, and also some pictures, we love, love pictures. Has a Basenji ever won at Westminster?

• Welcome to the Forum, always a good thing to add years of experience to our group…...we thank you for joining us!:D

• Welcome to the forum - oh great basenji owner! I'm sure we'll all benefit from your experiences.

• Welcome to you & your basenji family 🙂 It's nice to have experienced members join. It helps new basenji people like myself gain knowledge on this wonderful breed 😃

• @youngandtired:

Gracious, you must be busy with all those mouths to feed, and watch so they don't tear up your house. haha!!!! Welcome to a real Basenji expert, please lots of stories, and also some pictures, we love, love pictures. Has a Basenji ever won at Westminster?

I looked that up yesterday and they have never won at Westminster and only one (1972) did they win group

• Welcome! My goodness you must be busy! I'm sure you'll figure it out…if I can post threads and pictures (not that I do pics often), anyone can!
    Looking forward to hearing about your wealth of experience...you must have some great stories to tell!

• Hi Carol!!

Liz and I came to visit you and your dogs back in November, remember us?? I'm from Maui, she's from Atlanta…
    I love your username! I still think of you and your dogs when I see the movie "Eragon" 🙂 I remember that you loved the narrator's voice in the book on tape.
    We ended up with a four year old brindle girl from Denise and we're already thinking about number 2, as soon as we have the resources. One could say we are definitely basenji crazy, and in only 3 months!
    Welcome to the forum! I hope all is well with you and your B's.

• Welcome! Got pics? I need a puppy fix

• Welcome to the forum, Carol!

• Hi Carol,
    Glad you found this! I've been on for awhile. Don't worry about your tech skills, it's pretty straightforward….

Terry

Suggested Topics