• Hi out there -

Just found your site. I lost my basenji, Kyro, to sudden congestive heart failure almost 6 years ago and have only recently gotten to the place where I can bear the thought of adopting another. I've been parked at the computer for days trying (thus far in vain) to find the one with my name on it, which is how I stumbled upon you. I smiled as I read your posts and remembered Kyro in all her stubborn, willful, counter-surfing, house-marauding, "basenjiness". She was a great dog and I look forward to doing it all again.

• I am from Western PA and know of several breeders who have pups or an older dog that needs a good home. If you are interested let me know.

• You can look for breeders at www.basenji.org and then to breeder listings (please go to a responsible breeder and make sure that the sire and dam have been DNA tested for Fanconi)… or you can go to www.basenjirescue.org

• @PBIOXYE:

I am from Western PA and know of several breeders who have pups or an older dog that needs a good home. If you are interested let me know.

I am most interested in giving an older dog a good home but would also like the names of the breeders, just in case… Thank you much!

• I got my present girl from a basenji rescue group, she was 6 yrs old when I got her and she will be 12 yrs this summer. I think it nice to give an older dog a second chance. You miss the cute puppy years but you also miss the puppy years.
    Karen

Suggested Topics