New Africans at Basenji Park

• Can you buy them for $12- that's double the money ?

Sweeten the deal and offer $30!
    😉

Lets us know as time goes how they compare to your basenjis.

Also do they need to be quarantined or given the barrage of shots?

• @Barklessdog:

Can you buy them for $12- that's double the money ?

Sweeten the deal and offer $30!
    😉

Lets us know as time goes how they compare to your basenjis.

Also do they need to be quarantined or given the barrage of shots?

Everything they need has been done health wise. I will write as much as I can, they're just getting used to things…..and the cold.:)
    They have some bare spots on their fur that we're told are burn spots from ashes.......laying too close to the fire.

• WOW - I'm with everyone else. I'm not sure I'd let them go.

• Are they being sent to a breeder in Sweden to be bred & thus continue their bloodline? [sorry I'm not too familiar with how the basenji african bloodlines workout compared to non…]

• @Ninabeana26:

Are they being sent to a breeder in Sweden to be bred & thus continue their bloodline? [sorry I'm not too familiar with how the basenji african bloodlines workout compared to non…]

I don't know what they have planned for them, the owners are breeders.

• Is it a good thing to have basenjis direct from Africa to breed with dogs descended from Africa?

• Wow that is great, sounds like Jon's trip was a total success!!!!! Wish you had pics of the ones that are staying here….

• @Ninabeana26:

Is it a good thing to have basenjis direct from Africa to breed with dogs descended from Africa?

Of course first there is the process of getting them admitted into the AKC stud books, but BCOA is working on that now.

The nice thing to see is there has been other dogs brought into the US with "claims" to be Basenjis, IMO, they are not even close.. however the ones that Jon Curby and group are bring back in beginning with the first Avongara's to the couple from year before last and now these, is great to see and to work to the common goal of expanding the gene pool

• They are amazing! I wonder if there is a language barrier problem? hee hee. :o)

• The female is really bossy….....:D 😃 😃 Our's all want to see them.

• I'm in love with them! They are so precious!

& thanks Pat for answering my question 🙂

• Well "of course" the female is bossy!!!! ggg.. she is a bitch after all!

• @tanza:

Well "of course" the female is bossy!!!! ggg.. she is a bitch after all!

Yeah, I should've put a duh???? after that.:D

They are really vocal at times. I'll try to get some video.;)

• @Basenji_Boy:

Yeah, I should've put a duh???? after that.:D

They are really vocal at times. I'll try to get some video.;)

Great.. wish you all had pictures of the other 4 that came back with these two…. Jon is "so" bad about pictures.. and Tanda is just as bad...

do you happen to know what other colors the other 4 are?

• @tanza:

Great.. wish you all had pictures of the other 4 that came back with these two…. Jon is "so" bad about pictures.. and Tanda is just as bad...

do you happen to know what other colors the other 4 are?

Tanda said she'd send us some pictures of the trip and dogs.:) I don't know what the other four where, I'll see if I can find out or if Gail knows.

• Great thanks,….

• I think the Avongara and Lukuru importation efforts have yielded wonderful results, importing beautiful native basenjis that clearly show breed type. I really look forward to this year and all the information that Native Stock Committee plans to collect and post on all these guys so the basenji community can see that there still are basenjis in Africa.

• @lvoss:

I think the Avongara and Lukuru importation efforts have yielded wonderful results, importing beautiful native basenjis that clearly show breed type. I really look forward to this year and all the information that Native Stock Committee plans to collect and post on all these guys so the basenji community can see that there still are basenjis in Africa.

I totally agree 😃

• What Adorable Dogs!!! Makes me want a puppy again!! I saw a TV program several months ago about Basenji's still in Africa and showed the pack of dogs living with a tribe. It was very interesting!! Keep the pictures coming!!

• @Ninabeana26:

Is it a good thing to have basenjis direct from Africa to breed with dogs descended from Africa?

In a word….yes! It is called genetic diversity 🙂 All of the dogs that we call "domestic" meaning bred down from dogs imported in the '40s, came from 12 dogs...sot that just isn't enough for a really long term healthy gene pool. In the late '80s more were brought in, and within the last few years, we have added some more (but those haven't been included in the AKC stud book...yet!)

Suggested Topics