• @Mia:

well my vet told me that carrots can not be broken down in their stomach because of the cellulose wall, so how they go in is how they go out :eek: …that's why I puree them, and so far so good. I used to give Mia baby carrots, but they were too hard for her I guess and lost intrest in them like you said after a few licks lol.

But even though they are pureed, the cell wall will still be intact, no? T and L love carrots. and just today I tossed the remnants of a cabbage head out into the backyard, it was about the size of a softball and Lenny went out and carried it around with him eating it. lol… the love their veggies!

• Shaye is 15 weeks - she loves baby carrots raw and cold. As far as I can tell, they don't come out like they go in, so she's digesting them. She gets two or maybe three of them a day from time to time like treats. She also ikes cut up celery and raw snow peas. I haven't tried her on canned or cooked veggies yet - but that's next… As has been posted, all dogs are different, and yours will let you know if they aren't liking or digesting them. I would try to stay away from the gassy type for a little while though.

• Keoki LOVES baby carrots, and they don't come out as they go in,LOL. They come out like everything else.

Favorite veggies of both my Basenjis are steamed broccoli and asparagas.
    They also both like carrots, green beans, pureed pumpkin…
    Keoki is also nuts about cabbage - cooked or raw. Really most veggies.

And yeah--- be aware with cabbage, broccoli,asparagas..... They will clear a room afterward.

• Mine like cooked sweet potatoes, squash, yams….anything orange it seems except carrots.

Broccoli, snow peas, and watermelon as well.

Suggested Topics