• Hi, my name is Michael, and the pictured mutt is Lucy. She's half basenji for sure, but the other half could be anything from lab to chow (her golden color, black spotted tounge, and silver/gold eyes make the other half hard to distinguish). I recieved her from a basenji's litter in the pound, and she is now 6 months old (more recent pictures comming soon). Because of the fact that she survived distemper and has the natural tendencies of a basenji I gave her a second name, redubing her Lucy Fur– because that is probably who she is in cahoots with. Despite being only half basenji she acts just like one and baroos. Her ears have also pricked up to full bat-like proportions.

Also, out of curiosity, do most basenji enjoy barooing at you and then fleeing under the bed or into a hiding space; only to come out once you stop paying attention to repeat? sidenote: she has figured out how to unzip and destuff my couch cushions.

• she is a real cutty!

• Oh that face! She's adorable!

• Lucy Fur is so adorable! She's smart! Hope you've read about keeping a vigilant eye on the B's as they can destroy sofas and carpet, you name it. Puppy proof your electrical cords. I sprayed all of mine with Bitter Apple. Just like babies and toddlers, they can get into trouble quickly and have patience. When they're quiet, just hope they're sleeping. My puppy is 8 months old already. Got him about 12 wks old . . . I understand he's entering his "teenage dog years". OH BOY! We've come a long way . . . Duke's my little rascal.

Enjoy the forum!

• What a sweet and beautiful girl you have. I love the name. I wish I was so original when it came to naming my b mix. Hollie's barroooosss are most noticed when daddy comes home, or we arrive at work and she greets everyone, and oh yeah, a real big baroo if there's food involved. Keep us posted on her antics.

• @Lucy_Furs_Father:

Also, out of curiosity, do most basenji enjoy barooing at you and then fleeing under the bed or into a hiding space; only to come out once you stop paying attention to repeat?

My Basenji Lucy doesn't baroo, but she does, dance, playbow, THEN dive under the dresser like you describe. Do you suppose its a Lucy thing?

• @Lucy_Furs_Father:

she has figured out how to unzip and destuff my couch cushions.

Gosh she is CUTE! 🙂

ROFL, one time someone on the AOL basenji board wrote and said

How much does a basenji cost.

And a person responded: Depends. How much is your furnishings worth?

Honest, I crated sayblee when we weren't home, we SUPERVISED her. And yet she did more damage in one year than my rotties had done in 17 yrs. Thankfully she has outgrown it but I still don't trust her unsupervised.

Sayblee baroos and does tons of senji noises. Arwen can scream, she has a very very freaky howl when the rotties and chow howl, and she says a very clear "R".

Suggested Topics