• I was looking at becoming a member of the BCOA and saw that it requires two current BCOA members' signatures. I was wondering if there were two of you out there, possibly in colorado (near greeley) that wouldn't mind meeting with me and seeing if you would agree that I should join and sign the paper for me.

• @etzbseder:

I was looking at becoming a member of the BCOA and saw that it requires two current BCOA members' signatures. I was wondering if there were two of you out there, possibly in colorado (near greeley) that wouldn't mind meeting with me and seeing if you would agree that I should join and sign the paper for me.

Usually people start with the breeder they got their dog/s from, or their mentors.

• I don't know why, but I hadn't thought of that. I sent him an e-mail and will see, but I don't believe he is a member of the BCOA. I knew he wasn't on this site, or a member of the Hi-Country Basenji Club, but I don't remember about BCOA. I use the internet a lot more than my phone, so it's easier for me to get information here and I haven't kept too great of communication with Medjai's breeder, but he knows who I am and should respond shortly.

• Going to an AKC show is a great way to meet people. Many will probably be BCOA members. Perhaps you can attend the shows over President's Day weekend that Kim mentioned.

• @lvoss:

Going to an AKC show is a great way to meet people. Many will probably be BCOA members. Perhaps you can attend the shows over President's Day weekend that Kim mentioned.

Great idea and also look into other events, like lure coursing, agility, OB/Rally events. And even joining the Hi-County Club.. even if you are not close, there are lots of things members can do to help out a club.

• I am a member of the HCBC and have gone to a show up in greeley. I would love to go to more, but being a student keeps me from many of them and the shear distance from the others. I am waiting for another one that I can go to.

Suggested Topics