Female in heat is attacking male … help!

• I had a LOT of problems with my two females prior to their cycle, while they were in cycle and for about a month after cycle. They now play and sleep together. As Robyn said, hormones should die down fairly quickly after spaying. As for trying to get in the middle of the fight, if it ever happens again, throw a heavy blanket on them,trying to separate one in the blanket, scoop it up and separate them that way. I don't know if anyone else has tried that, but it does work if done properly-and you shouldn't get bit.

• @nomrbddgs:

As for trying to get in the middle of the fight, if it ever happens again, throw a heavy blanket on them,trying to separate one in the blanket, scoop it up and separate them that way. I don't know if anyone else has tried that, but it does work if done properly-and you shouldn't get bit.

Sadly, I know about bitch fights and we've learned the hard way. We have throws placed in strategic locations for that very purpose. You don't want to stick your hands in the middle of a fight…..........throw something over them and try to pull them apart by the back legs. You can get seriously hurt in a flash.......they go to another place and pay no attention to you.

• This coming season I know strategic throws will be placed as well-especially since I want to breed Sugar-baby gates, crates and separate rooms will be the name of the game.

• @nomrbddgs:

This coming season I know strategic throws will be placed as well-especially since I want to breed Sugar-baby gates, crates and separate rooms will be the name of the game.

LOL…..Baby gates.....check.........separate rooms.....check..........crates...........check............strategic throws.........check.........NEOSPORIN....check.:D 😃 😃 😃

• You got it check, check, and double check.

Mike, how is your wife?

• you know this reminds me of a bitch fight at my house - Both these girls are over the bridge and perhaps they get along there. This was Mother and daughter - intact females of a 'mature' age. Someone wasn't paying attention and put out one bitch when one was already out. (this somebody bares a striking resemblance to me). Well they found each other and the attack was on. Being mature ladies, it wasn't too rough and tumble just grabed on to their necks and wouldn't let go - growling and snarling all the time. I was able to get them inside an outside kennel and then pry them apart and close the door - one inside and one outside. I then took stock of the closest bitch who was covered with blood - not a puncture mark anywhere so I assumend the blood was from the other bitch. Checked her out and not a mark or puncture on her. - I then thought well maybe somebody lost a tooth. Well let me tell you that it was bleeding gums. both these bitchs had held on so long and were biting and holding on so hard that their teeth wiggled a bit - which knocked off the plaque that I was taking them in for a dental in 2 days for - so while I don't recommend this method for teeth cleaning - Their teeth were squeeky clean.

The fact that they were old was the only thing that made seperating them possible - they got tired too fast and were actually just standing there holding on to each other.

RIP Katie and Ginger
    Your stories still make me smile.

• My wife is ok - thanks for asking. Well thanks again everyone for the info. Just knowing the aggression may not be permanent put our mind at ease. Its been 3 or 4 days now and Shelby has calmed down. There were times I had to put her in a muzzle and she really didn't like that. Afterwards, anytime she would growl at Loiue I'd just show her the muzzle - putting it on if the growling was intense or didn't stop. In just a few days she knew what it meant when I showed her the muzzle and she's now stopped the aggression. Maybe its a coincidence and her cycle is winding down now. Either way, we're happy to have her back. She gets spayed on Friday. Thanks again everyone!
    –Mike

• @nomrbddgs:

-baby gates, crates and separate rooms will be the name of the game.

BABY GATES for what purpose??
    My boys would simply laugh at me if I thought that they could possibly keep them from a bitch in season!!

One boy we had (thankfully not in my own house) was a total escape artist and I'd put him in a vari-kennel inside of a wire crate that was clped all around it closed!

I found putting the boys in the escape-proof dog run outdoors works peachy…. girls can be indoors in crates... this will be the first year in a while I will have had to deal with bitches in season that actually live in my house... so it shall be fun I am sure 🙂

• I'm not talking about intact males. I don't have any. If I did I couldn't leave them outside anyway-it's too cold where I live. And I do know my bitches. Damisi will not jump the gate-only Sugar. And Sugar will not jump if she doesn't feel good. Damisi is also crated most of the time when they are in season. But since Sugar has a tough time with the crate I don't crate her all that much.

PS I love the looks of your Max!

• @khanis:

BABY GATES for what purpose??
    My boys would simply laugh at me if I thought that they could possibly keep them from a bitch in season!!

One boy we had (thankfully not in my own house) was a total escape artist and I'd put him in a vari-kennel inside of a wire crate that was clped all around it closed!

I found putting the boys in the escape-proof dog run outdoors works peachy…. girls can be indoors in crates... this will be the first year in a while I will have had to deal with bitches in season that actually live in my house... so it shall be fun I am sure 🙂

Well if nothing else you will remember why you had only same sex before! …ggg

Suggested Topics