Puppy pads and other potty training ?

• our new puppy gets here on friday.. and we decided not to use them.. like said before.. we feel it would teach the puppy its okay for her to potty in the house.. and our older B that he can too..

• I would never use them either as it is twice the work and training. So much quicker to train them to go out right from the start.

• @basi:

I would never use them either as it is twice the work and training. So much quicker to train them to go out right from the start.

AMEN!!!! 😃

• You know I also plan on bringing one/two with me for the car ride back from Ocala, since it's a 2.5 hour drive! I know we plan on stopping half way during the drive but just in case I want to have a pad because I certainly don't want the pee in my car! :p

• @Ninabeana26:

You know I also plan on bringing one/two with me for the car ride back from Ocala, since it's a 2.5 hour drive! I know we plan on stopping half way during the drive but just in case I want to have a pad because I certainly don't want the pee in my car! :p

been there done that.. lol except i ran into the supermarket for 2 minutes to get ONE thing.. there was pee on EVERY SINGLE SEAT. needless to say.. no dogs in my car unattended.. EVER again.. lol🆒

• That sucks! Haha. I know we plan on bringing our cage with us also to pick him up (just in case) but I doubt I will able to resist holding him the whole way :p

• @hdolbow:

been there done that.. lol except i ran into the supermarket for 2 minutes to get ONE thing.. there was pee on EVERY SINGLE SEAT. needless to say.. no dogs in my car unattended.. EVER again.. lol🆒

That sucks! Haha. I know we plan on bringing our cage with us also to pick him up (just in case) but I doubt I will able to resist holding him the whole way :p

• my moms taking me to pick up my puppy on friday at the airport [the boyfriend won't take off work :mad: ].. and i feel the same way 😃 😃 😃

• @Ninabeana26:

You know I also plan on bringing one/two with me for the car ride back from Ocala, since it's a 2.5 hour drive! I know we plan on stopping half way during the drive but just in case I want to have a pad because I certainly don't want the pee in my car! :p

Fair warning –- Keoki just tore up the pads on the seats of the car and peed on the seat anyway....:( He is such a turd:rolleyes:

• @JazzysMom:

Fair warning –- Keoki just tore up the pads on the seats of the car and peed on the seat anyway....:( He is such a turd:rolleyes:

Hopefully Dallas won't since he'll probably end up in my lap the entire way home…except when we stop half way for a quick potty break 😉

• When mine are babies I do paper train them within the kitchen - then gradually reduce the amount of paper until just one section remaining. Then comes the interesting part - when they head for that paper - I know they need to go out. I also have a 'paper' by the door we use to go out to the dog yard - so head for paper - go outside - pretty quickly don't need paper at all as they go to the door.

With adult dogs who know the 'door' I find that the puppies just follow and the previous generation teaches the new generation.

(guess they only need me to bring the food)

• @dmcarty:

When mine are babies I do paper train them within the kitchen - then gradually reduce the amount of paper until just one section remaining. Then comes the interesting part - when they head for that paper - I know they need to go out. I also have a 'paper' by the door we use to go out to the dog yard - so head for paper - go outside - pretty quickly don't need paper at all as they go to the door.

With adult dogs who know the 'door' I find that the puppies just follow and the previous generation teaches the new generation.

(guess they only need me to bring the food)

and they don't tear the paper? Geez, mine LOVE LOVE LOVE to shred paper. No paper on the floor is safe. I am amazed that yours leave it alone and actually use it properly!

Suggested Topics