Food mixup, now Sophie won't eat!

• Sigh. I swear all of the dog food bags at the store look the same! I grabbed the wrong bag the other day and now Sophie won't eat. 😞 Stick of course hasn't noticed the accidental switch. Should I suck it up and go buy what she normally eats, or will she just get used to this kind? 😕

• I would go and get the one she has been getting.. but that is just me…

• @UnluckyDrabBear:

Sigh. I swear all of the dog food bags at the store look the same! I grabbed the wrong bag the other day and now Sophie won't eat. 😞 Stick of course hasn't noticed the accidental switch. Should I suck it up and go buy what she normally eats, or will she just get used to this kind? 😕

Any chance the store will take it back? Sometimes they will if you bring in the bag and explain that your dog won't eat it. Some of the mfr's have guarantees like that. Can't hurt to ask.

I think I'd be inclined to go get the right stuff, but if I couldn't I'd try dressing it up a bit – sprinkling of garlic powder and some warm water works wonders with Jazz; I think she'd eat dirt if I put a little garlic powder and warm water on it, LOL.

• If I ever switch food for any reason–it's gradual. When a food is switched quickly, it can cause stomach upset, loose stools, etc.....I would get her regular food back.

Suggested Topics