Please help boycott this ad

• Don't worry Sharron, I agree that it is a mess…and for me, the bad part is that someone who sees it that doesn't read the message or take time to process it, could see it as "hey, let's try that". There are a lot of impressionable people/kids out there that won't see it as anything but something to try on a dog.

Hey, I'm sure they alienated the entire pet loving population and consequently lost a lot of business.

Please don't get me wrong by my 1st post on this subject that I think it is good or funny...I was just coming at it from the standpoint that it wasn't just one person who thought it was a good idea and then it went to print. 😉

• Ogilvy is famous for this sort of advertising. Check snopes. Follow the link to another commercial enterprise for the Ford Sportka:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisements/sportka.asp

The video depicts a curious cat climbing up on top of a car with an open sunroof, and then, curiosity gets the better of him and he sticks his head into the open sunroof…I'm sure you can infer what happens next.

There is another one out there where the car smacks a pigeon with it's hood.

Some sick people work there, even though I KNOW that these are CGI fakes and that no animals were harmed. You can bet your ass, though, that some unruly kids try these things as soon as they see them on TV, in a magazine or on the internet.

• @TuckerVA:

Ogilvy is famous for this sort of advertising. Check snopes. Follow the link to another commercial enterprise for the Ford Sportka:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisements/sportka.asp

The video depicts a curious cat climbing up on top of a car with an open sunroof, and then, curiosity gets the better of him and he sticks his head into the open sunroof…I'm sure you can infer what happens next.

There is another one out there where the car smacks a pigeon with it's hood.

Some sick people work there, even though I KNOW that these are CGI fakes and that no animals were harmed. You can bet your ass, though, that some unruly kids try these things as soon as they see them on TV, in a magazine or on the internet.

Ok…going really out on a limb here, but I don't find those Ford commercials even in the same category as the doberman print ad.

In fact, I find both of those commercials hilarious and have had them loaded in my iTunes for a couple of years now. The Ford commercials were designed for a European/British audience and were never run here. I have friends that have cats, dogs, and birds who have seen the commercials and think they are hilarious...in fact, I got the commericals from them in the first place.

The point of the ads is that the Sportka (the bada$$ version of the Ka) is seeking revenge on the birds that poop on it and the cats that scratch the hood. And let's face it, now matter how much we love animals, who hasn't been pi$$ed when a cat has scratched the paint on the hood of the car or they've found a bunch of bird poo on a freshly washed car. Doesn't mean we'd do anything like that to the animal, but I find it funny giving the car a life and feelings about what it might like to do to the animal in that situation.

IMHO, very well done and very funny...

• You said what I wanted to but I feared getting a spanking here. 😃

Suggested Topics