• Hi everyone!

You can not know how happy I am to have found this forum. My name is Jenn and my husband is stationed with the Navy in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.

We have two dogs, a Puggle (Pug and Beagle) named Chase who just turned one and a Basenji named Zahra who is six months.

My husband really wanted a Basenji or a Pharoah Hound when we talked about getting another dog. He told me that Basenji's were Barkless so that had me interested since our Puggle didn't really bark or make noise. I think I was suckered, she may not bark but my husband says that she makes the strangest Teridactial dinasour noises!

What is funny is that when we looked at Basenji's and were serious about getting one I looked up all of the web sites and all of the bad things the sites mentioned scarred me to the point that I didn't want one. Then I met Zahra and I thought there is no way that this adorable little dog can be that destructive. I am not going to take a chance though so they are both kenneled when I am at work!

I am really enjoying the breed, I took her and Chase lure coursing and they both loved it! Our local Sighthound organization lets the wannabe Sighthounds run so I am able to enjoy the sport with both dogs.

I can't get over how intelligent she is and the funny things that she does. She has taught Chase to do some bad things though like how to put all of his weight against the baby gate on the stairs so that they can push it down low enough to walk up it like a ramp! He had not done that before she joined our family!

I have already read many of the stories posted and viewed the pictures. I can't wait to read more!

• Hi! Welcome to Basenji Forums!

Do you have any photos of Zahra? It would be great if you can post them in the Show Off Your Dog thread.

Here is some useful information that might help you with posting pictures on Basenji Forums:
    Picture Help: How to add a pictures to your post

Let us know if you need help posting your photos.

• Welcome to the forum. You seem like a real fun mom to Chase & Zahra. They are (2) lucky pups! Enjoy!

Suggested Topics