Basenji eating, little, pooping little,and loosing weight

• my boo is a red and white basenji i've noticed in the last 2 weeks he has been loosing weight and pooping very little as well as eating very little

• i have tried seating near his food bowl and pretending i am eating it, puting the food down for 15 minutes only. It just seems he is drinking more than he is eating. also has 2 lighter patches on his coat. I am taking him to the vet after the holdiay. man this is a little stressful . nightt all

• How old is he? How long have you had him?
    Any changes in his environment? Changes in diet or food supply?
    Does he have access to anything he shouldn't? Pesticides, etc…
    How is his behavior otherwise? Does he still play? Or is he lethargic?

• Have you strip tested him for Fanconi?

• I'm starting to think Sally needs testing. I potest the question, on how to test Sally. She squats LOW…... so I'm going to leave her in the kitchen and hold her off from peeing for awhile today, and get her excited to test her urine! hahahahaa..sorry but I can't think of anything else. hehehehe... I also think I'm going to check with the vet about testing her there as well. She won't eat very much, drinks a lot, and is shedding way too much, and I noticed her back legs shaking yesturday...not too bad but enought to notice. Good luck with your B..Keep us posted.

• You can take her for a walk and test her while on the leash. And for now with what you are describing, I would get her to the Vet and not wait till you have test strips… It may be as simple as an UTI... but how long has she not been eating and drinking lots?

• @massagemom3:

I'm starting to think Sally needs testing. I potest the question, on how to test Sally. She squats LOW…... so I'm going to leave her in the kitchen and hold her off from peeing for awhile today, and get her excited to test her urine! hahahahaa..sorry but I can't think of anything else. hehehehe... I also think I'm going to check with the vet about testing her there as well. She won't eat very much, drinks a lot, and is shedding way too much, and I noticed her back legs shaking yesturday...not too bad but enought to notice. Good luck with your B..Keep us posted.

Is Sally a mix? I seem to remember she might be? And how old is she? Again I would take her to the Vet, they can test immediately for sugar in the urine and/or blood… and also check her for UTI with a urine culture....

Suggested Topics