Officially crazy… advice about a 2nd B

• @Basenji_Boy:

We took them with us to visit Nala(forum member) and they where perfect little boys.

They were! I can only hope that my next Basenji is as well-behaved as Jasper and Willy and I plan on following all of the advice from our expert forum members!

• I think Booger will love a new friend…When I got Chike as a puppy the breeder felt very strongly about having two b's. She believed in opposite sex and an age difference. I deferred to her judjement and she found an older rescued bitch that was supposed to be very friendly.

They got along fine for a few days and then for some reason the older bitch went after chike, cut him up really bad and broke his lower jaw. She went back to the breeder and Chike spent several days in the hospital.

While that is an awful start, once he was well my vet kept his eyes open for a possible addition and we eventually found Brandi. She was about 3 at the time, had been turned in to the pound after her owner died, and was amazingly sweet and kind to Chike who first thought she was a new chew toy. They have been best friends ever since and Chike simply will not abide doing anything or being anywhere without Brandi.

The only time he has torn up things he was not supposed to was when i once took Brandi to the groomer without him. I came home to torn up pillows and such and as soon as we came home he looked at me and peed right in front of me....I learned not to seperate them again....

And as for picking things up....Brandi barked and barked when we brought her home and within a few months she had totally stopped barking. Now she may bark at a squirrel, but she has become basically barkless.

Good luck!!

Suggested Topics