• @MacPack:

I am delighted to see this topic! I have terrazo floors with area rugs, and I am afraid that the Dyson may be too powerful, not to mention heavy (the reason I don't vacuum more often is my old heavy Kirby). The Kirby lifts the edges of my rugs, making it very awkward, holding the edge with one foot while I try and move the vacuum. Does anyone recommend any other brands, maybe a lighter weight one? I am looking at the Dyson cannister, or 'slim' but they are both a ton of money!

Thanks,
    Anne in Tampa

They are a ton of money, but well worth it…. IMO

• I looked on Consumer Reports and Dyson wasn't listed very high. My friend has one and sweats by it. I picked the 1st one on the list that had a bagless vacuum. I love it. It is a Sears Progressive Bagless with the intelli clean system. It tells you when the particles in the carpet are down to a certain level to be considered clean. However, it takes me about an hour longer to vaccum because I refuse to move from one spot until that spot is officially "clean".

• OK! I have a 30% off coupon for Kohls which happens to have the dyson animal (according to their website) so i'm going to get one for myself for xmas today! Cant wait to get that hair off the couch!

• @Tayda_Lenny:

OK! I have a 30% off coupon for Kohls which happens to have the dyson animal (according to their website) so i'm going to get one for myself for xmas today! Cant wait to get that hair off the couch!

Woo Hoo, 30% off coupon, great deal!!

• Mission Accomplished! Got the Dyson Animal and just vacuumed my parents whole house. Gross!!! This thing is fantastic though.. can't wait to use it on my couch!

• LOL! I think they need to use us on their website, everyone who uses it for the first time says the same thing!

@Tayda_Lenny:

Mission Accomplished! Got the Dyson Animal and just vacuumed my parents whole house. Gross!!! This thing is fantastic though.. can't wait to use it on my couch!

• Which version of the Animal are you guys using? They make several. Can you give me the DS** number?

• I got the DC 14 Bronze Plus Animal

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Dyson-DC-14-Bronze-Plus-Vacuum/2533641/product.html

@Craigh:

Which version of the Animal are you guys using? They make several. Can you give me the DS** number?

• I got the DC07 Dyson Animal (its purple)

Suggested Topics