• Tiggy has decided that he LOVES coffee (or tea) and every chance he gets is trying to steal a drink. Not only that he has figured out the difference between HOT coffee (I wasn't quick enough to stop him) and coffee the is cool enough to drink. I can't leave it unguarded or he will drink it. :eek: And I think it's funny but at the same time don't want him drinking it because of the caffeine and such. And I don't get why he likes it because I don't use barley any sugar in mine, about 1 teaspoon for 12 ounces.

I've gotten him used to just laying down while we eat or hanging out in his crate, but can't keep my eyes off my coffee, little monster, lol. I blame Reggie though because he likes coffee also and at times will beg for it sometimes.

Any one else Basenji like coffee, tea or soda (yea he tries to drink those too)

• @WBL:

Any one else Basenji like coffee, tea or soda (yea he tries to drink those too)

All of mine seem to have a passion for coffee and I use no sugar in mine at all.

Whacko dogs anyway.:D

• Ruby is a coffee drinker…I was warned about it prior to getting her, and she is always trying to steal my brother's coffee. She isn't too successful very often, but once in a while she gets a slurp of it (oh and she does the same with my Red Bull). Last thing she needs is caffeine! 😃

• Mine don't like coffee too much…but I met a little B girl at the National that was ready to scale me, and dive into my coffee cup at first glance!

• Chance loves my rum and coke. I have to keep an eye on him when I set my cocktail down 🙂

• Wyatt starts licking his little lips when he hears the wine glass being taken down. I could have a big juicy steak and a glass of red wine and he wouldn't even care about the steak. He is my little wine-o:p I have to keep my glass up hight on the counter otherwise he will keep going after the glass.

• Mine only likes it with Bailey's and whipped cream!

• Beer drinker here

never leave a beer out

• Beer? Wine?? Baileys?? Rum and Coke??

And I've been blaming the missing alcohol on our two Son's.:eek: 😕

I understand why the B's sleep a lot at times.:D

• @Basenji_Boy:

Beer? Wine?? Baileys?? Rum and Coke??

Yes, that must be the case…;)

• @Basenji_Boy:

Beer? Wine?? Baileys?? Rum and Coke??

Too funny…I'm surprised you didn't think of the B's first! Come on Dad! And to think that your sons didn't immediately blame it on the dogs...they need to come to this forum and we'll give them all kinds of things they can get away with by blaming it on the B's... 😃 😃

• The only alcohol Ruby tried, was she licked some red wine out of my glass…did not like it at all. In fact, immediately after she licked it she made a really funny face, stood up straight on her hind legs and started boxing in the air (she was acting a bit drunk because it was so crazy). It was hilarious and my comment to my father, was "if she acts that way after one sip, just think what would happen if she drank the whole glass :D".

I've since offered her a sip of red wine and she won't come anywhere near it.

Suggested Topics