• Well I have been off the boards for a while due to a move into another house. We are settled in and have a pool in the back which is always a concern if you have pets. We began by teaching the dogs where the stairs are if they fall in. They all did great.

Now, interestingly enough, Cheddar is the secret ingredient to get a basenji in water. Look, feet in on their own!

Ha ha, only the front feet, but it's a start.:D

• Great pics, Mantis! Your dogs should do a commercial "Behold, the power of CHEESE!" 😃
    p.s. congrats on the new house!!!

• Ha ha, "Sargento Chedder, it's so good even a basenji will get wet!"

• Hahaha! You better get those furkids an agent quick!!! 🙂

• I wish they would make me some money!

I spend so much on them and their super fancy all meat, no preservative, no soy, no wheat, no rice food, and their safety choke collars with beautiful ribbon, and their rubber shedding tools, and their soapfree shampoos, and their real excape proof baby gates.

And, I have to admit, I have been looking for some sweaters now that the temp is dropping….

• Aw…how sweet! Sounds like you made a great move...

• @Mantis:

I wish they would make me some money!

I spend so much on them and their super fancy all meat, no preservative, no soy, no wheat, no rice food, and their safety choke collars with beautiful ribbon, and their rubber shedding tools, and their soapfree shampoos, and their real excape proof baby gates.

And, I have to admit, I have been looking for some sweaters now that the temp is dropping….

Well if you're looking to spend some more money :D, then do I have the sweaters for you. There is a woman in Chicago that custom knits beautiful dog sweaters (even uses cashmere if you want).
    [

I'm having one knit for Ruby right now (and she better wear it! :D). Kind of pricey, but after I saw them, nothing I saw in any store locally compared :D. Anyway, you send her full measurements of your dog, pick a model type from her web page (models can be modified to accomodate collars vs. harnesses, leg lengths, that sort of thing), and then she sends photos of various colour combinations based on what you like and the colour of you dog. This is the one I chose (blue is the body, red is neck & legs, green will be on the tips of everything).](http://www.luckypennyhandmade.com)

• wow, i will check it out.

• @renaultf1:

…This is the one I chose (blue is the body, red is neck & legs, green will be on the tips of everything).

Those are beautiful colors…looking forward to seeing the finished product...on the model, of course!;)

• @nala121498:

Those are beautiful colors…looking forward to seeing the finished product...on the model, of course!;)

Definitely there will be pics. I think it will be done next week…I'm excited (not sure Ruby will be though 😃 given my experiences with trying coats on her) and it is starting to get cold here.

If it works out, I'm ordering a second one because there was another colour combo that she sent me that I loved as well. Ruby will have better sweaters than her mom :D!

• @renaultf1:

Definitely there will be pics. I think it will be done next week…I'm excited (not sure Ruby will be though 😃 given my experiences with trying coats on her) and it is starting to get cold here.

If it works out, I'm ordering a second one because there was another colour combo that she sent me that I loved as well. Ruby will have better sweaters than her mom :D!

Maybe you could get a matching one!;) Or at least coordinate…it's kind of like having kids, the kids always get the good stuff before Mom!;) 😃 Looking forward to the pictures...

• holy cow, those sweaters are $200. that is too much for me. my guys are always getting dirty.

• @Mantis:

holy cow, those sweaters are $200. that is too much for me. my guys are always getting dirty.

Actually the pricing goes according to size and type of yarn (cashmere would probably be $200). To give you a better idea on the price, Ruby is 19lbs and the yarns I picked are hand painted wools (cost almost $30 a skein)…the price shipped will be about $145...still pricey. If you picked something that wasn't hand painted I bet you could get it closer to $100. Dog sweaters in the stores locally were $70 - 80...that is why the price difference was negligible to me when I could really get a custom fit.

Needless to say, that is why Ruby BETTER wear it and why I say it is better than what I own. 😃

• and everything is more expensive in Maine! LOL….

• LOL, ain't that the truth! 😃 All the pet stores are down on the water near where all the ferry terminals are so the prices are geared toward the cruise ship passengers. We don't call it taxation land for no reason either.

Suggested Topics