• This forum has provided me with many pleasant experiences, the people I've met have been great. This past weekend I ventured to Vermont to visit fellow forum member Nala and Family. The drive took about 8 hours, but the fall colors and our wonderful hosts made it a very worth while trip.

This is mountian country to be sure, we had to stop half way up to pop our ears…..I thought Willy was gonna get a nose bleed…..geez.:rolleyes: 😃

Willy and Jasper check out the grounds.

Willy and Jasper check out the accommodations, what a beautiful place.

Jasper checks the view, very nice and so much wildlife.

Willy wonders, does everyone have baby gates in their house????😕

Our host offered to be our tour guide and showed us many of the local sites.
    Mountian views

Round barns

Covered bridge

Ben and Jerry's??

The hills are alive with the sound of Senji's! This is the site the Von Trapps(sound of music fame)settled to and the views they enjoyed.

Taking in the sites!

Senji's and Bslaves.

All the sites where great and I'm sure we only scratched the surface of what the area has to offer.

The most enjoyable part of the whole adventure was meeting Nala(a cute little Tri) her Mom and Dad and their two beautiful children. The kids where certainly B educated and treated their guests with caution and respect. Once they warmed up to them there was no problem and we all shared our B's.
    The man of the house doesn't get his picture taken…...he seemed to be always cooking something......the man can cook....wow!:D

Nala and I just clicked, I could've snatched her up and just took her home with me………..I really liked her.

Nala and the boys where just a bit cautious at first, some snarking, but just a little. We took our time putting them together, but once we did everything went along just fine. Nala warmed to Jasper first, and he was the first to win her approval.

short video

Our hosts let us have our B's in our room and even in bed with us. About 1.30am I hear Jasper's feet hit the floor, I jump up and he's not in the room….OMG!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I run out in the hallway to find Jasper and Nala sitting quietly together just hanging out. Which one of our lovebirds started all of this I don't know, but it was pretty darn cute.

To sum this all up on a serious note. We had a great time, our hosts where too kind, the kids and Nala where just so cool and too cute. I've made some more new friends, all thanks to our B's and this forum.
    I say it all the time and I still feel the same way…….special dogs special people.

Our thanks to Nala's Mom and Dad for having us, it was an enjoyable experience we will never forget.

• Wow, what wonderful pictures, looks like everyone had a great time. Thank you for sharing

• @WBL:

Wow, what wonderful pictures, looks like everyone had a great time. Thank you for sharing

Thanks Maya, I have to say it stoked my Tri fever. Nala is a very well behaved Basenji, her Senji slaves have done a wonderful job raising her…..I was very impressed.

• Wow!! Looks like you had a great time,,,,,I am jealous!!!!! We are in Ohio and I know you have said that you are in Penn. ,,,,,,,,,,are there any other B owners in the area??? Maybe sometime in the spring we could all meet in a central location and let our furbabies play together!!!!!!

• @Basenji_Boy:

…To sum this all up on a serious note. We had a great time, our hosts where too kind, the kids and Nala where just so cool and too cute. I've made some more new friends, all thanks to our B's and this forum.
    I say it all the time and I still feel the same way…….special dogs special people.

Our thanks to Nala's Mom and Dad for having us, it was an enjoyable experience we will never forget.

:o Aw…what a beautiful post. We enjoyed meeting two people (and two pups) that felt like family. I only wish it was a longer visit. We thoroughly enjoyed our guests and I know I learned so much from Mr. & Mrs. BBoy. It was a dream-come-true for me to have 3 Bs running around my house! I think I've caught the fever...the multiple fever, that is (don't tell DH 😉 )! Jasper and Willy are beautiful, sweet and so well behaved. It was a great experience (and relief) to see Nala enjoying herself with her two "boyfriends". I wouldn't doubt it if she was the one to have lured Jasper out of bed that night!!;) 😉 My kids were so excited - for weeks prior to the visit they were saying, "Basenji Boy is coming, Basenji Boy is coming!" Now they can't wait to visit Basenji Park and to have them come back for another visit.

I have to thank the forum as well for connecting us to all of these wonderful people that have led me to have a greater understanding, appreciation (and sense of humor) for this amazing breed of dog.

PS It sure was an amazing visit…we even saw a moose! Usually when you are giving someone a "tour", it never happens!!

• What awesome photos of a beautiful place!!! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed them!!!

• What a beautiful state, and those Bs aren't too shabby either. Love Jasper, Willy and Nala, they seem like old friends. The pictures are just gorgeous, I love the area, what part of Vermont were you in. I have never been there, I would love to visit Vermont sometime. Anyways, looks like you had a great trip.

• Wow! Great story! Great pics!! Loved the video!! 🙂 LOVE THIS FORUM! 🙂

• Sounds like it was a great visit for everyone…loved the video...too cute!:D

• How fun!! The pictures are great and the visit sounds wonderful!

• Sounds like you all had a great time. What a beautiful place!! We used to travel up into Vermont a lot when we lived just south of Nashua, NH and I went to college in Middlebury, Vermont. I kind of miss it.

• What stunning pictures of the scenery. I love the colors. I think its wonderful you all got to meet in person and share your common bond – basenjis! So little Jasper snuck out of his room in the middle of the night??? Naughty boy. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• HOW FUN!!! And what a beautiful home and location! And how great that the dogs got along so well! And nice to put some human faces to the names as well 🙂

Thanks for sharing pics! I think we should all plan a fall leaf get away next year!

• @Kebasmom:

Sounds like you all had a great time. What a beautiful place!! We used to travel up into Vermont a lot when we lived just south of Nashua, NH and I went to college in Middlebury, Vermont. I kind of miss it.

Let me know if you ever come back for a reunion! We are within 30 min.!

• @basenjibratz:

What stunning pictures of the scenery. I love the colors. I think its wonderful you all got to meet in person and share your common bond – basenjis! So little Jasper snuck out of his room in the middle of the night??? Naughty boy. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

…Nala was initially only "flirty" with Jasper at first and then with Willy the next morning...it makes you wonder...;)

• @Quercus:

HOW FUN!!! And what a beautiful home and location! And how great that the dogs got along so well! And nice to put some human faces to the names as well 🙂

Thanks for sharing pics! I think we should all plan a fall leaf get away next year!

:o Thank you…
    Yes, that would be fun! I'd love to meet more forum members and their pups and families! We can work on it for next year...(DH just fell over) LOL!

• @Quercus:

I think we should all plan a fall leaf get away next year!

I've actually given some thought to a "Basenji Forum" gathering of some sort…........just don't know where or when would be the best or how to organize it......multiple gatherings???? Something to consider.😕

The 2008 Specialty in Texas is certainly a good gathering choice.........However, Texas doesn't sound all that leafy to me.:D

• @Basenji_Boy:

I've actually given some thought to a "Basenji Forum" gathering of some sort…........just don't know where or when would be the best or how to organize it......multiple gatherings???? Something to consider.😕

The 2008 Specialty in Texas is certainly a good gathering choice.........However, Texas doesn't sound all that leafy to me.:D

LOL - Me neither! I have heard for years that Vermont is one of the best "must see" Fall color tour places. So, nala121498 . . . If not at your beautiful abode, somewhere that could accomodate many Basenji and their people?? 🙂 Trip of lifetime for me anyway. I just loved the wonderful pics that BBoy posted. You are so gratious and kind to share the pics! Of course - we love pictures. Did I say pictures? 😃 Yes!

• @Basenji_Boy:

Sounds like a plan! Count me in!

• @Duke:

LOL - Me neither! I have heard for years that Vermont is one of the best "must see" Fall color tour places. So, nala121498 . . . If not at your beautiful abode, somewhere that could accomodate many Basenji and their people?? 🙂 Trip of lifetime for me anyway. I just loved the wonderful pics that BBoy posted. You are so gratious and kind to share the pics! Of course - we love pictures. Did I say pictures? 😃 Yes!

Thanks! I'd love to have it here (DH, maybe not! I could send him on a trip for a few days - LOL!)! Anytime you'd like to plan a trip here, just let me know. 🙂

Suggested Topics