• Bindi Before

Bindi After

My grooming tools

The comb is used to backcomb the tail to loosen dead hair and to better determine the thick and thin areas of the tail. I comb it back the correct way prior to starting a trim however. I know many show folks will cringe at the thought of using a battery operated trimmer but with a blade guard and a very gentle touch, I find it to be a fabulous tool to start the trim. Scissors are used for the final touches.

• <_>

No flinching here 🙂 I used thinning shears for a few years, until more than one friend said "good lord, try this…" and it looked just as good, and took about 3/4 of the time :)_

• Nice job - I've always used thinning shears and then trimed and neatened with regular shears. Of course now with bi-focals I never seem to get the right distance and the right head tilt - and then it's hard to trim when it's waggling.

• I have always used thinning shears too… takes me about 10 minutes to do a really fat bushy tail. I have never had the best luck with trimmers... unless I used the guards.. then I still had to clean it up with scissors.

Suggested Topics