• @sharronhurlbut:

During the damp winters here, my dogs live in the Sally Wallis sweaters I have.
    They demand these sweaters go on before hubby and I leave the house for work.
    We keep the house at 62 when we are gone, the b's have tons of beds including mine to get under the covers…but they still want the sweaters.
    If you want something nice to keep the dogs warm in, I would be happy to share her info.

• I don't have hand made sweaters from England!* but my dogs do. LOL

Yes, please share the info. I found some sweaters online that look nice, but would love some other options.

• Jack loves the snow, he goes and rolls in it, lays in it, paws at it, lol. EATS it…We bought him a doggie fleece coat last winter tho, he doesn't mind wearing it at all, but he definitely prefers to be outside. LOVES begin out!! lol...

• Here is her site.
    I must tell you, they are great, last a long time, and easy to clean.
    If you get one, let me know what you think.
    My b's love them!

http://www.zandebasenjis.com/warmth.htm

• This is how we suit Nala up for a cold VT day…the boots are for when it is really cold and icy. Muttluks are the brand. Her jacket is from a local shop that is no longer in business, but it has nylon on the outside and fleece on the inside and cinches up around the "waist" with a bungee type cord.
    attachment_p_23310_0_nalainbootsinentry.jpg
    attachment_p_23310_1_nalainwintercoat.jpg

• @nala121498:

This is how we suit Nala up for a cold VT day…the boots are for when it is really cold and icy. Muttluks are the brand. Her jacket is from a local shop that is no longer in business, but it has nylon on the outside and fleece on the inside and cinches up around the "waist" with a bungee type cord.

Very cute outfit!:D Nala see's plenty of snow, that's for sure.

• Reminds me of the Christmas story, where the boy wants a RR pellet gun…
    His mom getting little brother ready to walk to school.
    Always makes me laugh.

Is you b able to run with all this gear on?
    I don't know how you live in such a cold place!

• Our used to wear sweaters than on winter he decided to have none of it and would try to rip them off.

I still laugh about when he tried doggy boots, they were bright yellow and he looked like a four legged duck. They did not stay on long either.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Reminds me of the Christmas story, where the boy wants a RR pellet gun…
    His mom getting little brother ready to walk to school.
    Always makes me laugh.

Is you b able to run with all this gear on?
    I don't know how you live in such a cold place!

LOL! Yes, me too. She does run in the jacket, it doesn't hamper her B500's outdoors (see my photo gallery, I believe 😕 ). She is more careful when in her boots, but without them, she walks for a few steps, then stops and picks up each paw and will not move. It is cold, but she seems to have acclimated nicely. What she really loves about the winter is the woodstove (see avatar 😉 )!!

• @nala121498:

This is how we suit Nala up for a cold VT day…the boots are for when it is really cold and icy. Muttluks are the brand. Her jacket is from a local shop that is no longer in business, but it has nylon on the outside and fleece on the inside and cinches up around the "waist" with a bungee type cord.

So cute…I can picture Ruby dressed like that...she wouldn't move. :rolleyes:

• @sharronhurlbut:

Here is her site.
    I must tell you, they are great, last a long time, and easy to clean.
    If you get one, let me know what you think.
    My b's love them!

http://www.zandebasenjis.com/warmth.htm

Thanks…I'm going to have a custom one made for Ruby and if that doesn't work out, I'll give these a shot.

So far she is so picky about having anything on. I've tried 3 fleece coats - didn't like them and walked stiff legged because on the first one the leg part went down below her front elbow, then on the 2nd the leg went to the front elbow, 3rd one she didn't like the neck...

I'm about to order her a custom made sweater to see if she will wear that as I can spec out the leg openings, and everything else that bothered her about the other coats. It'll take 2-3 weeks to get it. Here's a link to the sweaters:
    http://www.luckypennyhandmade.com/

Of course, I'll shoot myself for spending so much if she hates that too…

• They look so warm and cozy…looking forward to seeing her in one...let's hope it's not only for a moment!

• Jack does well in his coat, like it isnt on at all!! lol

• For all you seasoned B owners…do they seem to want to exercise less and sleep more because of the cold in the winter?

This past weekend when it rained, because it was a downpour and cold, dark & gloomy, Ruby really didn't wan't to go out...she only wanted to sleep. I took her out with an umbrella for potty breaks and she'd go, but then she would pull on the leash to go right back in the house...no walk. She doesn't mind light to medium rain...in fact, she heads right off the deck for me to take her for a walk as long as it isn't a downpour.

Presently I ride my bike w/Ruby about 3 miles in the morning at a 12 - 14mph pace (she LOVES it). Then she does a fast paced 4 mile walk when I get home from work and 1 - 2 miles right before bed...she gets even more exercise on the weekend. For the winter I will probably axe the bike ride (if there is snow or ice or it is too cold) and replace it with a walk or run.

• @renaultf1:

For all you seasoned B owners…do they seem to want to exercise less and sleep more because of the cold in the winter?

This past weekend when it rained, because it was a downpour and cold, dark & gloomy, Ruby really didn't wan't to go out...she only wanted to sleep. I took her out with an umbrella for potty breaks and she'd go, but then she would pull on the leash to go right back in the house...no walk. She doesn't mind light to medium rain...in fact, she heads right off the deck for me to take her for a walk as long as it isn't a downpour.

Presently I ride my bike w/Ruby about 3 miles in the morning at a 12 - 14mph pace (she LOVES it). Then she does a fast paced 4 mile walk when I get home from work and 1 - 2 miles right before bed...she gets even more exercise on the weekend. For the winter I will probably axe the bike ride (if there is snow or ice or it is too cold) and replace it with a walk or run.

Whew! I'm tired just reading your post!;) I can't speak for Ruby, but Nala definitely stays put on "yucky" weather days. On nice days, she's staring at us to go out and keeps pestering my husband to take her on a hike. Since our winters are so long, she doesn't stay indoors all the time. She seems to get used to it and loves to run in the snow while the kids are outside tubing - and still manages to run as the cars go up and down on our road…if she feels like it, of course.;)

• Mine want to sleep on long, rainy days…..like today. Once they have their first potty of the day and realize it's a downpour day, their whole demeanor changes, and it's a slow-moving, sleepy day all day.

Suggested Topics