• Little savannah loves to beg for human food, whoever had her before definately fed her from the table. what is the best way to change that behavior?

john

• you can try first just ignoring her, not even looking at her. If that doesn't work you can do like I had to do with my boxer is put a bed near the table and have her lay down in it while you eat, then you can gradually move it farther away (if she's not trained for a down or sit stay). Now my dog most of the times goes right tohis bed when we eat, if he doesn't we tell him "get your bed" and he goes right to it.

• @neffjohn:

Little savannah loves to beg for human food, whoever had her before definately fed her from the table. what is the best way to change that behavior?

john

Put her in a crate during dinner

• I like both of the above suggestions. If you completely ignore the behavior, it will eventually go away…but that is often hard to do because the behavior will increase in intensity before it goes away. You could also put a light leash or house line on her and step on it while you eat so she can't jump up. Ignore all attempts at interaction, and just keep stepping on the line.

• Dash isn't bad at our house but when we go to grandmas, everything changes. We leash him and make him sit next to us while everyone eats.

• I have to put Shadow in a crate when we eat. If I don't-even after 4 years of ignoring him-he will get about an inch from your mouth. I could use other training methods but it's just easier to crate.

• Thanks for all of the advice .

Suggested Topics