• Hi everyone,
    Unlike most of you, our family has just begun looking for the right Basenji to adopt. We've wanted a dog for 4 years, but have been waiting until the kids were a bit older. We live in Bloomington, Indiana and are looking for a Basenji rescue to bring home. We've filled out the BRAT adoption form and are waiting and searching at this point. Looking forward to learning from the forum!
    Paula and family

• Welcome and good luck on the rescue adoption!

• Welcome and good luck. Hope to hear some happy news soon.

• I know Chicago has a good BRAT adpoption.

• Welcome and good luck

• Thanks for the welcome posts and well wishes. I am actually going to look at a Basenji rescue tomorrow in Indianapolis. I'll let you know if this works out!

Paula and family

• @ppuck:

Thanks for the welcome posts and well wishes. I am actually going to look at a Basenji rescue tomorrow in Indianapolis. I'll let you know if this works out!

Paula and family

That is great…. hope all goes well for you!

• Keep us posted on your visit!! Welcome to the forum!

• PPUCK thought you might be interested. They're B mixes but look so adorable…mom and daughter..the mom is only about 1 1/2 yr old. They want to find a home for them together. I wish I could take them but I already have 1 B and don't have room for 2 more. They are in New Mexico. Here's the info:These two little girls were pulled from a kill shelter outside Albuquerque. Minnie is the Mom and Maus is her pup. They are so very sweet they would be a great addition to any Basenji-loving home. Here’s a little of their story.

“Hi, I'm Maus and this is my mom, Minnie. We're M & Ms. Being part Basenji makes us really smart and very good-looking. Our vet says that I'm about 10 weeks old and my Mom is probably a year and a half. Even though we were picked up as strays and we are both little girls, we're healthy and have soft, silky coats. The ladies at the vet's office liked us so much that they wanted us to stay but our foster Mom needed us to come home with her...we have to help her find our forever home. Today she took lots of pictures of us in her garden...you can see how much we look like Basenjis.”

To read more about Minnie and Maus go to

http://www.basenjirescue.org/DOGS-MIXES/NM/NM-Minnie%20and%20Maus.asp

Adoption information is available at the link above

• They are so cute! I hope they find the forever home they need.

Suggested Topics