New home needed for Foxy and Cami

• I am please to announce that Foxy and Cami are placed in what may very well be their new forever home - thanks to all who offered support and assistance and a big thank you to Keith Rhymer who found this wonderful situation and Sally Wournos for housing the girls.

Foxy went up and liked mom and grandma and waggled her tail - Cami is of course too much the princes to react although her tail was observed doing one little wag.

They are on a trial so fingers and toes crossed would be appreciated.

• Wonderful…
    Hugs all around.

• Toes and paws crossed for Foxy and Cami. Great job to all involved with this rescue. It was a sad-sad situation for these two furkids.

• That is super news Diane!!!! Fingers crossed that this is their forever home…
    Send my love to John too ... what a terrible thing to go through

• fabulous news!!!

• @tanza:

That is super news Diane!!!! Fingers crossed that this is their forever home…
    Send my love to John too ... what a terrible thing to go through

Ditto! John is such a great guy…it SO doesn't seem fair that this can happen.....

• …In a way I am Happy for the dogs "their life is safe"...but feel terrible for the owners which anyway give up their beloved and the relation they had... for such a banal matter that maybe should have been handled & judgde for that single circumstance and not based on what had happen beacuse of another story with a Pitbull created a general panic public opinion... I am from another county and things here are not so tight... before all this could occur many aspects and tesmonials are listened, beside each case is different and handled as if it is....

Splitting a owner and his dogs.... is very sad to me...

• The best thing we can learn from this is to crate your dogs when strangers or children come over. It's not hard to do. We always put them in their crates and never oopen the door till they are secured.

In my opinion crate training is almost a must with the breed. I don't know how people do it without it.

• @Barklessdog:

The best thing we can learn from this is to crate your dogs when strangers or children come over. It's not hard to do. We always put them in their crates and never oopen the door till they are secured.

In my opinion crate training is almost a must with the breed. I don't know how people do it without it.

Or if you are having work done in the house… of course with us, no one does anything if we are not home, no exceptions.. we make the time to have stuff done when one of us can be home... but even then, they are in their crates the entire time other then walks... we also have a gate (built in) between the family room and the front hallway... the front door is NEVER opened without them being behind the gate and the gate latched...

• I'm kind of surprised that workmen would even do anything with dogs loose?

My experience is most repair guys are terrified of any dog and practically demand the dogs to be put somewhere before any work is done.

That coupled with the fact anytime I fix anything they have to have their noses attached to you hands, as well as explore and steal tools, directions, my glasses, etc.,

They are not helpfull, except when planting plants they love to help dig the holes!

• What made this even harder is that John was home - which is why the dogs were loose. He just was not in the right place to see that the door was open.

• The horror is that it could have happened to any of us.
    I am glad the girls have a new place, but this making them leave this home is just wrong.

• Update on Foxy and Cami - they have been in their new home for a week now and this is what I got from the owner.

"The girls are doing fabulous! Cami is still warming up to the fact there are children and at first she did not like it and did some growling, she didnt like going to time out but she is doing better with it every day. Now she is sleeping in the same bed with my son and will allow him to pet her off and on. It will take time and patience. Foxy is very ok with the idea of children. Wags her tail at them and will allow them to approach and pet her. They are very loving and do not like it when i leave for work. Foxy mainly. SHe sought revenge on me the first night i went to work and decided ya know i think your bed is a lovely spot to potty. She said she was sorry after being scolded, told her that was a naughty girl, nice girls do not pee in the house. Ears back, head down, and than gave kisses about 5 minutes later. Thins are going great and we love them tons, i think they love us tons too."

Is that great or what!!!!! 🙂 Again tons of thanks for all the good wishes, home leads and of course to Keith Rhymer for finding this great place for these girls.

• Keith is a wonderful helper to any basenji in need.
    I so hope this report continues and these girls are happy.
    Hugs to everyone involved in this.

• Hello my name is Tiffany and I was out playing around on google and came across the thread on Foxy and Cami and I noticed there was a post wondering what had happened with them. Good news I adopted them and let me tell you they are SPOILED!!!!!!!!!! They are wonderful and happy and I do not see how any one could ever classify them as being mean dogs because they are far from. When playing if they bite too hard the magic word is "ow" and they stop immediately. They are very gentle natured and act like they are puppies about 95% of the time…..

• What a wonderful post to recieve on New Years Day.
    Thank you for giving these 2 dogs a great home.

• @TCassidy:

Hello my name is Tiffany and I was out playing around on google and came across the thread on Foxy and Cami and I noticed there was a post wondering what had happened with them. Good news I adopted them and let me tell you they are SPOILED!!!!!!!!!! They are wonderful and happy and I do not see how any one could ever classify them as being mean dogs because they are far from. When playing if they bite too hard the magic word is "ow" and they stop immediately. They are very gentle natured and act like they are puppies about 95% of the time…..

Hi Tiffany, so glad you joined and it's wonderful to hear that Foxy and Cami are doing so well, please update us with pictures.

• Thanks for posting Tiffany - while I posted that they had a new home - I didn't include your personal information - I do try to respect peoples privacy. You will find a wonderful bunch of supporters here and if you read the full thread on Foxy and Cami and the wonderful heartfelt responses from folks you will know that you already start here with a jewel in the crown so to speak.

Diana

• I have read the forum and it is wonderful to know that so many people were out there supporting Foxy and Cami. The biggest update I can provide is that Cami is now fine with my kids and will allow them to approach her, she does have her moments, but, dont we all?
    When they first came to us Foxy had no problem asking for loves, Miss. Cami on the other hand would not ask for love as I believe she was afraid to. That is no longer the case Cami is now what I believe to be the biggest baby and my goodness talk about a bed hog, lol. We love them dearly!

We recently had an incident with a neighbor abandoning 3 dogs and 2 cats. They were called in to the animal shelter but for some reason or another animal shelter came out and tried to take Foxy and Cami. We have a gated yard and they were out doing their business so they thought they were the dogs they were after. I heard someone calling to them to come to the fence, I dont think I have ran through my house so fast in my life. Good girls came inside and would not go to the mean dog catcher :). The dog catcher recieved a few choice words and a call to her supervisor.

Happy New Year to you and I will post some pictures of them…. as soon as I have this all figured out.. lol

• @TCassidy:

We recently had an incident with a neighbor abandoning 3 dogs and 2 cats. They were called in to the animal shelter but for some reason or another animal shelter came out and tried to take Foxy and Cami. We have a gated yard and they were out doing their business so they thought they were the dogs they were after. I heard someone calling to them to come to the fence, I dont think I have ran through my house so fast in my life. Good girls came inside and would not go to the mean dog catcher :). The dog catcher recieved a few choice words and a call to her supervisor.

Happy New Year to you and I will post some pictures of them…. as soon as I have this all figured out.. lol

Thanks again for taking in those two lucky dogs! It's always so nice to hear the happy endings.

Your other story struck me –- the animal shelter employee was trying to catch dogs that were INSIDE a fenced yard of an occupied home? Or did I miss something? 😕

Suggested Topics