• Does anyone happen to know where the BOCA specailty might be held for 2008?
    I don't get to attend this year and would love to know where next year so I can start making plans to take off. I know it sounds strange but you have to understand the job I have.

• Texas 08, Kentucky 09.

• @Catchme:

Does anyone happen to know where the BOCA specailty might be held for 2008?
    I don't get to attend this year and would love to know where next year so I can start making plans to take off. I know it sounds strange but you have to understand the job I have.

do you mean BCOA? Basenji Club of America?…. it is Dallas in 08 and the dates have just been changed. Don't know if they have changed the website yet, but it will be a week earlier. and KY in 09 and Colorado in '10

• oops typo…yes that is what I meant..
    Sometimes by fingers go faster than the brain.

• I have a basenji that I showed for a couple of years and then got him fixed. Someone told me once that you can show your basenji again once he turns 8 years old in a senior's show. Does anyone know if that is true?

• @tacosnachosburritos:

I have a basenji that I showed for a couple of years and then got him fixed. Someone told me once that you can show your basenji again once he turns 8 years old in a senior's show. Does anyone know if that is true?

It is 7yrs and that would be in a Veteran Class, however "only" at a Basenji Specialty show where there is no further competition after the Breed judging.

• @tanza:

It is 7yrs and that would be in a Veteran Class, however "only" at a Basenji Specialty show where there is no further competition after the Breed judging.

A little addition, this would be for neutered/spayed, an in-tact can be shown in Veterans at a regular All Breed show.

• Here is a pic of my neutered Vet who won Best Opposite Sex Veteran In Sweeps at a local Basenji Specialty.

A sort of funny story, the other day I was telling the box operator at a race meet how excited I was to be planning a litter sired by my boy. He is going to be 11 years old in December and is my first basenji and we have accomplished so much with the help of some good friends.The box operator had just commented on how handsome he was and then noticed he was neutered. You could tell for a moment she thought I was nuts since I was just telling her how I was going to be breeding him. I noticed the look and said, Frozen Semen. She looked at me, and said "Oh! I was wondering how."
    attachment_p_44961_0_nickyvet.jpg

• @lvoss:

Here is a pic of my neutered Vet who won Best Opposite Sex Veteran In Sweeps at a local Basenji Specialty.

A sort of funny story, the other day I was telling the box operator at a race meet how excited I was to be planning a litter sired by my boy. He is going to be 11 years old in December and is my first basenji and we have accomplished so much with the help of some good friends.The box operator had just commented on how handsome he was and then noticed he was neutered. You could tell for a moment she thought I was nuts since I was just telling her how I was going to be breeding him. I noticed the look and said, Frozen Semen. She looked at me, and said "Oh! I was wondering how."

My FAVORITE Veteran!!!!!

• Yes, and he absolutely loves getting out and showing with you at those specialty shows.

• @tanza:

do you mean BCOA? Basenji Club of America?…. it is Dallas in 08 and the dates have just been changed. Don't know if they have changed the website yet, but it will be a week earlier. and KY in 09 and Colorado in '10

And isn't it actually at Southfork Ranch (the scene of the series, "Dallas") which I think is Plano, TX.

• @renaultf1:

And isn't it actually at Southfork Ranch (the scene of the series, "Dallas") which I think is Plano, TX.

Yes that is correct it is at Southfork

• @tanza:

Yes that is correct it is at Southfork

That is just so cool to me that it is there! Yes, I'm showing my age as I was a Dallas junkie…but I seriously would love to drive thru that gate and up the driveway (and if possible in a red Mercedes convertible 😃 :D).

Suggested Topics