• During the summer I have to work on Wednesdays until 5:30 PM. I accepted this with my boss on the condition that I run home at 2 PM and take Lillie for a walk and be back at work by 3 PM. Today I did that. I rushed home because it was raining, thundering and lightning all day in Staten Island. Thankfully, by the time I got home it stopped (for a short period). After I took Liilie for her walk…it was time for me to leave. She looked at me with such expression in her eyes...I swear they were talking to me! I heard it my mind-are you leaving me again? GUILT.
    When I got back to work, of course I had to share this with my co-workers. Boy, did I get some strange looks. I'm sure some, if not all of you, can understand what I went through.
    Anyone else had a similar experience?
    Jodie:)
    PS. If I wasn't the person assigned to be in charge of our building until 5:30 -I definitely would have called in and come up with some excuse why I couldn't make it back to work!

• @Jodie:

During the summer I have to work on Wednesdays until 5:30 PM. I accepted this with my boss on the condition that I run home at 2 PM and take Lillie for a walk and be back at work by 3 PM. Today I did that. I rushed home because it was raining, thundering and lightning all day in Staten Island. Thankfully, by the time I got home it stopped (for a short period). After I took Liilie for her walk…it was time for me to leave. She looked at me with such expression in her eyes...I swear they were talking to me! I heard it my mind-are you leaving me again? GUILT.
    When I got back to work, of course I had to share this with my co-workers. Boy, did I get some strange looks. I'm sure some, if not all of you, can understand what I went through.
    Anyone else had a similar experience?
    Jodie:)
    PS. If I wasn't the person assigned to be in charge of our building until 5:30 -I definitely would have called in and come up with some excuse why I couldn't make it back to work!

I have the opposite… 😃 , mine look at me when I do that like "OK are you leaving yet? We need our beauty rest"

• Yes my B speaks with his eyes. Like in the am when I don't take him for his usual 30-1hr walk, he'll look at me and I swear I'll hear.."mommie what happened to our morning us time".

• I get those type of looks from Talker. He just studies me; looks right thru me with his eyes. Of course I'm the one doing all the explaining as to why we can't walk right now and yes, when I get back I'll walk him later. He looks like me as if he trying to understand my reasoning. His eyes are very expressive.

Laura
    P.S. Talker is the picture I use in my post.

• Both of mine are rescues (father/daughter). Little Zoey often looks at me like she's asking "Am I in trouble??" She even has this "hang dog" posture. I think it's going to take her awhile to realize that she can trust me to always be good to her. She is much more mischevious than her dad, so I think she may have been "punished" by her previous owner. Tyler has a very stoic expression. But boy does he do a "happy dance" when I get home from work 🙂

• Yes also the look when we are eating as if he's asking where's mine. I now use my "Champ" voice to interpret for him. My husband critisizes it by stating that Champ's voice is not so feminin (he's a boy) I reply by telling him that he still is a baby and therefor still has a baby voice. Now I find my husband and daughter using this voice as well. hmmmm I wonder what Champ thinks of when we are talking like munchkins..lol…Only the ppl in this forum could relate to this sort of craziness..

• @MaxBooBooBear:

Both of mine are rescues (father/daughter). Little Zoey often looks at me like she's asking "Am I in trouble??" She even has this "hang dog" posture. I think it's going to take her awhile to realize that she can trust me to always be good to her. She is much more mischevious than her dad, so I think she may have been "punished" by her previous owner. Tyler has a very stoic expression. But boy does he do a "happy dance" when I get home from work 🙂

When Daisy is into something she shouldn't, when I catch her in the act she'll move away from the offense and then look at me like this:

She's a little older and bigger now than this picture, but it's the same expression. Her eyes look like they're saying "No problem here!"

• Too cute he's like "what the problem is" lol..I'm gonna start walking around with my camera around the house so I can capture those moments and share.

Suggested Topics