From a B to a Bald Dalmation

• And Crystal was worst then that a month earlier… and you could see bald spots... about the size from a dime to a quarter

• @Capt_Jack_our_Basenji:

Jack is blowing coat right now too, he hardly has ANY hair on his belly,just pink skin (its weird) but the rest of him is normal short fur. his freckles are REALLY showing on his belly and stuff, ill have to post a picture of his belly tho, its just pink!!

Ok heres my Jackers PINK belly…normal?? seems to be.

Shot with KODAK V530 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA

and another

Shot with

• Well the general opinion is Jojo is blowing coat…Her vet said she does not have other symptoms thast match things like ring worm and unless we want to do tests for exotic conditions we should just watch her closely...What about Dreamcoat? Has anyone used it? I have heard it can take around two months for Jojo to go through this...Thanks for all of the help and information...What about changing her diet?

• No matter what you use, blowing coat is blowing coat and takes time… warm baths loosen the hair and sometimes helps to get it done sooner... but I have always found that you just have to wait it out... good brushing and using a curry or stripping comb can help get the dead hair out... changing her diet will not help it go any faster.... IMO Never heard of DreamCoat...

• For the red spots or bare spots - 2 things you can use - the first is something that I ALWAYS have although sometimes it's hard to find. It's Called Sulfa8 its an ointment - now that stroes like Walmart/Target etc carry ethnic hair stuff I find that they have it - barbers and hairdressers used it for years for hot spots, bare spots, ringworm etc on humans. It's a good scalp conditioner. The other thing on small bare spots is vitamin E cream OR break open a vit E capsule right on it.

For general shedding and skin irritations - Oatmeal Bath OR if you can find some old Brown bar laundry soap - (Fels Naptha/Octagon) I would guess that Dreft would work too.

• May want to try a hot oil treatment like VO5. I've heard that helps as well. I'm going to try it on Shadow in a week or so-I like to wait until he gets good and dirty!

Suggested Topics