• So, as I was outside cleaning up poop each day for the last week, I have been finding more and more turds wrapped up in little bits of blanket. So envision this…green, purple, red and white snowflake patterned turds...some turds have more blanket than poo. So I have been trying to figure out which of the dogs is munching on their crate blankets....and the strange part is I haven't been able to figure it out! And I can't even really tell where the blankets are missing their material! There doesn't seem to be any real holes!

I am thinking the culprit is Ariel, since we have never had this issue before...and she is being relegated to paper bedding in her crate for the time being....but it is really strange, and oddly entertaining to find such festive feces!

• @Quercus:

So, as I was outside cleaning up poop each day for the last week, I have been finding more and more turds wrapped up in little bits of blanket. So envision this…green, purple, red and white snowflake patterned turds...some turds have more blanket than poo. So I have been trying to figure out which of the dogs is munching on their crate blankets....and the strange part is I haven't been able to figure it out! And I can't even really tell where the blankets are missing their material! There doesn't seem to be any real holes!

I am thinking the culprit is Ariel, since we have never had this issue before...and she is being relegated to paper bedding in her crate for the time being....but it is really strange, and oddly entertaining to find such festive feces!

We have one of those, bed sheets and pillow cases where her passion….......why do they do that? Is it fill me up with anything to feel full??? Little cloth slivers in the lawn must have a certain appeal to some Basenji's.:D

Festive feces:eek: 😃 😃 😃 😃 never heard it put quite that way.:D
    Party poop.:D

• And I thought this kind of things was only happening to me. :o
    Once it was a red blanklet and at first I thought it was blood :eek: , pretty scary.

• Andrea, you're not alone. Like BBoy, I've also found holes in a sheet and pillowcase set. We have a confetti pooper too. 😃

Up north for holiday last week, I bought Duke his 1st real bed - blue with puffy sides (so far, so good). Daisy got the $2 orange/white rug (slowly disintegrating) Will see how long it lasts.

• Ha Ha…great story. We like to play the game of "what can we find in the dogs' poop today!" We always find stuff that we thought we'd lost...

• And then there's the time you look at the poop and wonder-what is this stuff and where did it come from-hmmmm!

• I think I can beat you all - we all know that B's will eat or chew on a variety of things - Blankets, towels and anything they can suck into their crates. Imagine the search I went on when I was sitting on my deck and a basenji deposted a loooooooonnnnnnnggggg skinny 'thing' that upon closer inspection turned out to be a bra strap.

She had rolled in the laundry basket and decided that the firm resistence she got from the strap was oh so appealing.

• Okay, this will be WAY TMI, esp for the guys . . . .

It's NOT Basenji related, but I still feel compelled to share.

My friend has an almost 7 mos old toy fox terrier that eats EVERYTHING. He has eaten shampoo, baby oil, hair dye…you name it and ol' Duke finds a way to get to it. She says she can't remember when his poop was normal.

About a week ago he ate one of her 20yr old daughters --unused-- tampons, wrapper and all! Well, the wrapper and the cotton came out just fine, but the plastic applicator had a little trouble. He just couldn't do it, and there the thing was poking out. She eventually had to grab some tissue and pull.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.
    I think the weirdes thing I've ever found in the poo was after Gypsy stole some foil that had been used on the grill. Shiny, silver poo. She was so lucky it didn't cause her any problems. So far, my B's haven't done anything interesting.

• Well, this is not out that end, but when we first had them, our female dog ate the collar off the male dog….

...and threw a big chunk of it up 2 weeks later. Thats right, about 4 inches of collar was in her stomach for 2 weeks!

• My husband used to say going on poop patrol was like looking thru my underwear basket. Rocky would eat all my underwear and we'd find many multi-colored poop deposits all over the yard: plaid/floral/solid color/etc.

On a side note in this poopy discussion, our papillion will have "poop on a string". He'll somehow injest one of his own long hairs and then when it's time to deficate, it all comes out likes beads on a string. Hillarious!

• @RockysWoman:

On a side note in this poopy discussion, our papillion will have "poop on a string". He'll somehow injest one of his own long hairs and then when it's time to deficate, it all comes out likes beads on a string. Hillarious!

ew. Yeah we get that when Keoki's been pulling on Gypsy's tail too much.
    Sometimes he has a little trouble getting that out and will yelp and try to run from his own back side with a hair string of poop hanging on it.

Never a dull moment.

• This might be the most entertaining thread….....ever!:D

• hey quercus, Cairo has just started eating the bedspread that we put over the kennel at night and destuffing his bed. Don't you have a little one as well? I am wondering if this is a puppy stage now that the big teeth are in?

• @Mantis:

hey quercus, Cairo has just started eating the bedspread that we put over the kennel at night and destuffing his bed. Don't you have a little one as well? I am wondering if this is a puppy stage now that the big teeth are in?

could be. I think Cairo and Ariel are about the same age. I sure hope it is a passing stage…I hate to think of all that fabric going through her intestines...at least they are clean 😃

• I think it should. Cairo seems to have adjusted with his teeth. I have noticed in the last day or so that when he is playing with Caesar and biting that Caesar is screaming less and participating. I think Cairo is putting the chewing to other uses now that he is beginning to learn to not bite so hard.

Cairo was eating the towels at the bottom of his kennel so I switched to a weird material cusion for the kennel from Petsmart (shiny gray crate cusion) and he hasnt unstuffed it yet.

Suggested Topics