• From what I read, there seems to be quite a few Pennsylvanians on this forum. I live about an hour northwest of Philadelphia. My girlfriend and I would love to own a basenji. We have done our research on them (including posting on this forum) and love what we have learned about them. We really think a basenji is for us. There is just one thing, we have never met a basenji face to face. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to meet one, other than a breeder (I'm unable to find an breeders nearby that don't appear to be puppy mills). Would anyone in the Southeastern PA area be willing to meet with my girlfriend and I so we can meet your basenji???? Feel free to reply to PM me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Mike

• If you go to www.basenji.org and then to breeder directory you can find a breeder near you….. You may have to travel a little bit but there are a number of breeders on the East Coast....

• I have been to that website. I think that their "directory" is outdated. I have contacted every breeder within a 100 mile radius of my home. Half the numbers/email addresses were disconnected. The few that went through to voice mail never returned my call. Thanks for the help anyway!

• Did you ever get to meet a Basenji?

• @Kerp1619:

I have been to that website. I think that their "directory" is outdated. I have contacted every breeder within a 100 mile radius of my home. Half the numbers/email addresses were disconnected. The few that went through to voice mail never returned my call. Thanks for the help anyway!

The website is kept updated?? Who did you try to contact… (email me privately?)..... I just looked at the list and the breeders listed are still active?

• Did you ever get to meet a Basenji?

They have visited with some Basenji's and are currently deciding on puppy vrs older dog.;)

• @Basenji_Boy:

They have visited with some Basenji's and are currently deciding on puppy vrs older dog.;)

Thanks Basenji_Boy for the update!

• Thanks BBoy, I am heading to Philly this weekend and thought about meeting with them if they still wanted to meet one in person.

• @ChaseandZahrasmom:

Thanks BBoy, I am heading to Philly this weekend and thought about meeting with them if they still wanted to meet one in person.

Thanks C&Z, we found those folks a multiple B owner right in their hometown, so they did get to see some B's. They have a couple of cats and are deciding whether it would work out with a pup or an older B.

This weekend we show in Eagleville PA….......very close to Philly;) 🙂 .

Suggested Topics