What does your basenji like to rip?

• Nala's choices are:
    Anything paper, especially napkins on your lap and tissues!
    She also raids the garbage cans for whatever is in there…I won't mention the yucky stuff, but you all know what I mean! wink wink

• Would you like to see our list? 4 Dining Room chairs, plus the legs to the dining room table, at least 6 - 7 throw rugs, 3 - 4 cell phone chargers, a computer wire, 2 rooms of carpet (and before anyone says anything she has had chew toys and countless cow hooves etc. since we brought her home) the corner of our door jam in our room, 3 pillows, 3 sets of sheets, oh and my daughters favorite is her underwear!! I have had to purchase at least 10 new pairs every couple months. still can't figure out how she is getting those. Countless shoes gone. But the good news is she is now a year old and that does seem to be getting better!! Can't stay mad at her she is so damn cute!!!

• Ha Ha…......they do seem to go through a stage and it seems to subside after one year or so......but never completely in some cases!:D

• I've been pretty lucky. Apache LOVES tp and if the paper or magazines are left laying around they both have a field day. Chey likes to rip up sheets occasionally and I have some teeth marks in some new bedroom furniture thanks to Apache. I look at that as I'll always have something to remember him by:D

• @Jodie:

Pat-

Thanks for the info. When I went on the website, I was alittle shocked. I had no idea that is what a bully stick is.:eek: I'll order some..I'm sure Lillie will love them.

Jodie:)

ew. not me. That's the one treat I cannot bring myself to buy. I don't care how much they'd love them. :eek: 😉

• @JazzysMom:

ew. not me. That's the one treat I cannot bring myself to buy. I don't care how much they'd love them. :eek: 😉

Ditto!! Everyone kept mentioning "bully sticks" and so I finally did some research to find out what they were and I agree….:eek: One has to wonder: Who in the world thought up those as a treat?!?! Lorena Bobbitt??? I'm also having some problems with the idea of hooves and ears. Cory isn't thrilled with her kong unless it has peanut butter in it. I'd try rawhide but I don't know if there is one brand that is better or worse than the others.

So what do you give your Bs to chew on that isn't immediately recognizable as another animals body part?

Pat

• I find if they are not teething it'd because they are bored.

Chewing is just something to keep themselves occupied

• @BasenjiDiva:

Ditto!! Everyone kept mentioning "bully sticks" and so I finally did some research to find out what they were and I agree….:eek: One has to wonder: Who in the world thought up those as a treat?!?! Lorena Bobbitt??? I'm also having some problems with the idea of hooves and ears. Cory isn't thrilled with her kong unless it has peanut butter in it. I'd try rawhide but I don't know if there is one brand that is better or worse than the others.

So what do you give your Bs to chew on that isn't immediately recognizable as another animals body part?

Pat

I like the Red Barn bully sticks myself and my kids love them!!!…. I will not give my the pig ears.. I am pretty sure there is stuff in them I would not want to eat...gggg.... and if you use rawhide, get the compressed ones... if I use rawhide I use the 10" sticks.
    The hooves, I will not use any more after stepping on them in the middle of the night...:eek: and I had to many broken teeth with them....:(

• Oh and the bully sticks are "not" recognizable as a body part… ggg

• Tayda never really destroyed much… except her crate tray when I first got her and she was not happy about being in her crate after I went back to work after a 3 week road trip with her. Lenny on the other hand has destroyed a t.v. remote control, and my work cell phone. Together they have conspired to dig old chinese food out of the garbage, but they were nice enough to bring the whole container into their crate (40 feet from the garbage) without leaving a DROP on the carpet. I still don't know how they did that!

Overall, they have destroyed a minimal amount of things... relatively speaking!

• When my previous beastie was alive, we met a horse groomer/blacksmith one day. This guy wanted to give my dog some trimmings from the hooves. A - I didn't like it that he didn't ask me first and B - the thought of hoof trimmings and what horses step in made me ill. I got that hoof away from wizard as fast as I could - yuck!
    I have't tried the bully sticks yet with my current beastie - EL D - but I'll have to get some and see. I don't really like giving him regular rawhide.

• My dog is really good with most things but if we leave the house any tissues are shredded everywhere and if we forget to move the TV remote that gets destroyed (we are on the 4th remote now and we have only had him for 7 months)

• @BDawg:

Miles has chewed toilet paper, Q-tips, napkins, and underwear recently. I think your best bet is to get a squirt bottle and shoot them when you find them mid-act.

THANK GOD Jack isn’t the ONLY one who chews Q-tips!!! GROSS…and other..."things" of that sort that you might find in the bathroom trash...EW, WHY?? What can POSSIBLY be appetizing about USED Qtips ???!!! 😕**

• B's are suspose to clean up the "camps.
    so, anything dirty or "full of scent" needs to be removed.
    That is why they eat what smells of us.
    Can you say tv remotes or fav compute items.???

• The person who had EL D before me said he pretty much destroyed his house but EL D has been a little angle for me. He doesn't tear up much - his toys are gutted within minutes of course; if I leave the cabinet door open by accident he'll grab the bag of napkins and parade around the house while shaking the living daylights out of them; and plastic plant pots and plastic packaging (he's great for opening those hard plastic covers that come with phones, lights, etc. that you can't open with scissors). What's with the plastic anyway? There must be something in the plastic that is particularly attractive.

• Can you imagine how much fun it is to try and pack up all of your belongings in cardboard boxes with a basenji underfoot? mmmmm…..not at all......

"Jack, no, don't eat the cardboard, please!"
    "Jack, that is for wrapping the breakable stuff- no don't eat all of the newsprint!"
    POP,POP,POP- "Jack no- not the bubble wrap, that is plastic, leave it alone!"

The great news is, I just drop all of the junk mail on the floor and he shreds it for me! LOL

• My Kaycee hasn't done anything as drastic as that, however i used to have a 10 yr old german shepx and a purebred staffy. The first day we bought our new home the staffy had chewed the carpet on the sunken louge room while we were out cleaning the old house.
    Not long after this my lounge suite was feeling a little saggy every time i sat down. I had my suspicions???
    One day while i was at work i decided to set up the video camera to get proof.
    As it turns out, My 10 yr old was the one on the lookout while my staffy decided it would be really, really funny to pull all the cushions off the lounge,dig and chew her way thru the stuffing and run up and down INSIDE my lounge suite. If i hadn't laughed hysterically at the footage later on that day, those two would have been in big, big trouble.

• Jackpot LOVES to rip the tags off of everything (toys. pillows. blankets. etc)

• That would be OJ when he was young…. at his age now, he really doesn't have the teeth for it any more... but he was the king of tags rippers... and he was the only one, the girls had no interest at all...

Suggested Topics