Help! Puppy that screams in the car..

• @zande I've never thought about that... it's generally considered a "cargo" area. hmmm, Any hatchback drivers amoung us?

• @elbrant
    “The trunk (North American English) or boot (British English) of a car is the vehicle's main storage or cargo compartment, often a hatch at the rear of the vehicle. In Indian English the storage area is known as a dickey (also spelled dicky or diggy), in South-East Asia a compartment. A tailgate, or sometimes the hatch, is a hinged board or door at the rear of a vehicle that can be moved up or down during loading and unloading. Also called a tailboard, it is commonly found in pickup trucks or hatchback vehicles.” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunk_(car) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunk
    I was also curious to know what we call the “cargo” area in an SUV, hatchback, or station wagon.

• I have very rarely had a screamer in the car? I have an SUV with crates in the back. As babies they might get a bit upset or "car sick" but that doesn't last long, couple of car rides cures that... and I am on the road with mine all the time... they fuss when we first leave the house for amount the 1st 1/2 mile then off to sleep.... If getting car sick, you might want to try something for motion sickness? When I had a RV they were also fine, up to five or six at a time traveling.

• Thank you all for your replies. Today was a liiiiiiittle bit better than the previous car rides we have done with him. Not constant screaming. But he still screams, and it’s a scream that can make ears bleed... But anyway, a little better today. He lied down and stayed quiet for about 5-10 minutes of the 20 minute ride. On the way home.

Hopefully if we keep up with daily car rides where he always gets his toys and treats with him, and as long as we go someplace fun every time this will help getting him calmer in the car.

I will also try the Rescue Remedy, it can’t hurt I guess 🙂

Suggested Topics