• Besides the buster-ball there is one that is like a dental ball. I've found them hard to come by. I'll try to post a pic of one if I can get my camera working. It's white with green spikey nylon things on it and tastes like bacon!

• My guys only eat the bacon or meat nylabones….

• Dash loves any rawhide, pig ears but they are messy and smelly. He has no interest in kongs. He prefers soft toys he can "kill". We try and get them when they are on clearance since I know they won't last long. He also likes tennis balls–especially the squeaky ones. He loves greenies too.

For training treats--ha ha, like I ever do it--we use cat treats like pounce. they are small and easy to use and he loves them.

Tasha- could it have been a booda bone?

• Lillie's fav treats are: Frosty Paws dog ice-cream, chew eez carvers (beef & chicken flavor); denta stix, Better Than Ears (Pig Ears Alternative) and
    schnoozle (sp?) a Merrick treat.

Her fav toys are: tennis balls, squeaky balls, plastic bags and ANYTHING that is not nailed down that she thinks is hers!:D

• @dash:

Dash loves any rawhide, pig ears but they are messy and smelly. He has no interest in kongs. He prefers soft toys he can "kill". We try and get them when they are on clearance since I know they won't last long.

QUOTE]

Try the second hand store and then wash them before you give them to the dogs. You can usually get them for a buck or under.

• The Tirebiter rubber tire toy was the worst. Chase got sick from it because he was able to get big pieces off it. I was worried that Zahra would do the same thing but she never got the chance I tossed this toy in the garbage.

• Ous will mess with Kongs if we use the Kong Stuffing or cheez whiz, but that is it.

The Nylabones are a good choice. Ours like the wishbone shaped ones the best as they can manipulate them with their hands err paws 😃 to get the best chewing angle though we have a few of teh Galileo super hard nylabones as well which last longer than the standard wishbones. When we got the puppy, we got her a puppy Nylabone and she did not like it, instead she went straight to teh Galileos laying around. Basenjis are some chewing dogs.

• Goober likes the hard rubber balls. and pig ears (i've never found them to be messy) and stuffed toys and socks and underwear and beer cans and cats and bats and bubbles and scented candles and this huge squeeky donut i found at pet smart and bills and my paycheck and elephants and bears and airplanes and spaceships and cardboard boxes and…. ok, maybe I am getting carried away. But he really isn't interested in his Kong.

• Mine love chicken jerky strips. Love them.

They don't like anything that is baked–like dog cookies. They just lick them and leave them. I was forever buying them fancy type cookies and I would always get that "reject" look on their face.

• Wyatt will ignore all of his toys for a small water bottle with rocks in it.
    I wish I would have known that before I bought a bunch of toys for him.
    :o

Suggested Topics