• This may be the first and last pictures of Zahra kayaking - she hated it AGAIN and kept trying to jump out of the kayak and swim to the shore. Looks like she will be spending time at the Doggie resort or with friends while we go out with Chase (our Puggle who loves the water)

What I love about this photo is that she has this look on her face that makes me think that she is begging DH to save her and take her home. Poor Zahra. 😞

This trip today confirmed it for me - B's are not water dogs. :rolleyes:

• Poor Zahra, you can send her down to Carolina and me and Sahara will take care of the sweetheart, bad mommy making a Basenji go on the water. Do I see a lifepreserver on her. We took Sahara on the river with us last summer, of course we bought her a lifepreserver, it was soooooo cute on her. We are planning on taking her this year soon as well, she tolerated it good. DH got in the water with her and I put her over, she stayed real close to him but I think she liked it. It was very hot that day and I think she liked getting cooled off. Pictures were good even though Zahra looked miserable, haha!!!!!

• I know, I am really mean - when I put the life jackets on them today I could not stop laughing. That probably sounds horrible. 😃

I may have to drop her off at your house, you are not that far. She would probably be much happier than she was today. Can't wait to see you guys on the 24th!

• Poor Zahra 😞 Mom..B's in water??? :eek: :eek: how could you?!!

• Cute photos! She was very brave to try this out, but now you know her opinion of the matter… :o)

• Great pics - I've often thought of taking Nala out on Lake Champlain or to Lake George - I love those little PFDs for doggies! Keep at it!!

• Jenn - I'm a little curious . . . Did Zahra make any noises out on the water? Though her eyes are locked on your DH, she looks like she's being a sport about it. Really cool pictures - Thanks for sharing your adventure!

• @JeepJeep:

Cute photos! She was very brave to try this out, but now you know her opinion of the matter… :o)

Well unless there was something in the water that she wanted… like say a "duck".. think you would have a complete different expression... 🙂

• LOL, that is awesome! Well you tried it once and that is all it takes. Good try. I am sure if the kayak was filled with dog food it would have been an easy ride:)

• @ChaseandZahrasmom:

This may be the first and last pictures of Zahra kayaking - she hated it AGAIN and kept trying to jump out of the kayak and swim to the shore. Looks like she will be spending time at the Doggie resort or with friends while we go out with Chase (our Puggle who loves the water)

What I love about this photo is that she has this look on her face that makes me think that she is begging DH to save her and take her home. Poor Zahra. 😞

This trip today confirmed it for me - B's are not water dogs. :rolleyes:

ChaseandZarhrasmom, we are taking Dash Canoeing in a couple weeks, where did you get the lifepreserver? Do they just have them at PetSmart?

Suggested Topics